F1 - 2024 Season

The only thing I’m grateful for is they won’t be playing God Save the King at the start of Sundays race which using some of the rather dodgy logic above make it an Australian sport.

1 Like

They will play that French piece from Bizet during the champagne spray though. French.

F1 is French. Come on guys, where are your longbows? Is there a race at agincourt?

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot, it is contradiction.

Actually to throw a spanner into the works there’s probably many that don’t consider F1 a sport in the first place.

6 Likes

I always thought the F1 and corresponding function keys were a US invention.

4 Likes

Indeed, considering the shenanigans in the team I support the past few weeks one could argue that it is a circus instead.

1 Like

Even in the ‘70’s James Hunt regularly referred to it as a circus!

3 Likes

Maybe he had a crystal ball.

1 Like

I’m not sure of their construction but he liked to remind his audience of the need for scale…

5 Likes

Max and DR were interviewed on a current affair show down here tonight. They were both funny and obviously friends.

2 Likes

I think most off-track driver rivalries exist in the media only.

2 Likes
1 Like

Not according to his girlfriends…

1 Like

Susie Wolff takes legal action against FIA over dropped inquiry

Good for her. Though I won’t be surprised if it ends sourly.

1 Like

…owned by Americans :teapot: :partying_face: :statue_of_liberty:

2 Likes

Well, there appears to be more off-track bitching than on-track action nowadays, which is hardly a surprise given the paucity of the latter. Some people really don’t get it that ‘due process’ and ‘transparency’ are, most times, mutually exclusive, at least until a final determination/judgement is made. A supposed sport, seemingly heavily ring-fenced by its participants, which is in danger of disappearing up its own posterior IMHO.

Lewis Hamilton says F1 hard to trust with no accountability in the sport - BBC Sport

2 Likes

Asked whether Mohammed Ben Sulayem still had Hamilton’s confidence as FIA president, Hamilton said: “(He) never has.”

:joy:

5 Likes

Would be interesting to know the reverse viewpoint! All reads as ‘opinions are as cheap and common as certain body parts’ – and why Mercedes never saw fit to challenge Masi’s actions remains a mystery to me. We know it’s a ‘sport’ riven with (petty) politics.

It’s because they ‘need help’.

1 Like

Alex makes a mess out of his Williams

Practice 2 should be worth waking up early for. :grin: