F1 - 2024 Season

Indeed. I’m settled in with a nice cup of Earl Grey and primed for action.

1 Like

I don’t know why they keep making excuses for drivers that can’t keep their cars on the black stuff.

1 Like

It’s more WRC than F1 :grin:

1 Like

They drive like my last Uber driver

1 Like

Hi Jamie. Can I private message you about something? Happy for @Richard.Dane to pass on my email address or vice versa. Nothing related to F1! Cheers.

Alex does seem to have an affinity for wrecking cars in Australia. James Vowles has strongly hinted due to not having a spare chassis if the car can’t be fixed, the the driver with the most chance of scoring points will be given the remaining car.

Unsurprisingly the decision has been made that Albon will have the car. A tough decision but the right one I think. Not having a spare chassis is pretty damning for an F1 team but Vowles has said in numerous interviews that Williams had production problems due to outdated IT. William’s relied on a spreadsheet to track parts and their production. which is another indication of how cash-starved the team has been over the last several years. Pat Fry has said the team was over a decade behind in IT etc.

That’s pretty scary for an engineering technology company like Williams.
It’s a shame there will only be 1 Williams on the grid this weekend and it’s entirely the teams fault for not bringing a tub. You’ve got to feel sorry for whoever misses out, especially if it’s Logan. Couldn’t have the expense of the old T car though, which would have been used in days gone by. In the 50s and 60s it was common for drivers to be swapped from the car mid race if a leading driver had a mechanical. Can you imagine the tantrums trying that now? They don’t even like letting a teammate past, let alone giving up the car for them.

Over the last years I often ‘rue’ Britannia, and also fine my self thinking ‘rude’ Britannia!

2 Likes

Why’s that?

Allez Charles!

In bed watching the F3 sprint. A lot more exciting than the F1.

Q1 isn’t bad definitely worth crawling out of bed for. :grin:

:sleeping: :zzz: :sleeping_bed:

2 Likes

Maybe Lewis has made the right decision to go to Ferrari

Listening to Toto and some of the technical guys i do not get a warm feeling, let alone Lewis as a seasoned driver?

Well, it’s looking more & more likely, to me, that Ferrari are getting rid of the wrong driver to accommodate him.

I just don’t feel that CL is as good as he, & many others, think he is. Too many minor errors under pressure.

4 Likes

There is logic in Ferrari’s decision. They did not want two top drivers fighting each other and must have realised at the end of last season that CS was a better driver and in other to simply accommodate (read team orders) Hamilton they had no other option but to keep CL.

Possibly, but I think unlikely.

I believe that they only regard LH as a short term signing (due to his age) &, mistakenly in my opinion, regard CL as the better of the two current drivers & therefore wish to retain him when LH departs.

If LH regains his mojo, it will either break CL or, perhaps, be the making of him, by working with someone who has been there & done it all.

2 Likes

Leclerc is too erratic indeed, but when he’s good, he’s up there with the best. Sainz is simply a very good driver but will never be a Hamilton, Verstappen, Alonso etc.

I guess they’re hoping LeClerc will improve on his defects. But that’s longer term thinking. I agree right now Sainz is the better choice.