F1 - 2024 Season

If I were Ferrari, I would be regretting the Hamilton signing. Hamilton is getting soundly beaten by Russell so far in 2024. He is getting beaten in just about every session and in the race.
He is past his best before date. He should retire and do politics or fashion, or whatever else he is into.

1 Like

Wake up sleepy heads.

1 Like

Awake and raring to go. Unfortunate got to take the dogs out as Mrs W is sick in bed, so am hitting the record button and will pick it up with breakfast in a couple of hours.

1 Like

The Sky commentators reminded us that our anthem was written by a Scottish bloke and replaced God Save the Queen. :grin:

Maybe it is a British sport. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well well won’t say too much as I don’t want to spoil it but what a good race. Big stack last lap.

4 Likes

I guess Lewis is not really pushing the limits now knowing the battle for the top spots is not in his hands really.

For the Red Bull CS is an obvious choice I imagine

Ferrari’s infamously poor strategic decisions over the last couple of seasons continue it seems, as they’ve already gone awry in their decision for the 2025 season.

True but they won’t be worrying about that tonight.

From what I read the Hamilton signing had a lot to do with £££££.

I also tried the Sky commentary today, they’re not exactly neutral/unbiased, are they?

But a good race, and great to see Sainz jr. win, especially right after his operation.

2 Likes

Ah, the beauty of modern on demand television. No need to get up early, just get up normally and turn on the telly. You only need to remember not to check the news like I normally would.

1 Like

Interesting how without Max it is very competitive between Ferrari, McLaren and possibly Mercedes/Aston. Thing is shows up Sergio not delivering. You assume same car with no bias to Max! Sergio is just part of that top group not ahead of it as Max invariably is

I was also listening to the Sky (Italy) commentators, and as often happens to me I switched to audio with only the background noises: these commentators seem like stadium hooligans!
I agree about the great CS race, who knows if anyone is rethinking their choices for 2025…

1 Like

Same here but I always prefer to watch something live if I can.

1 Like

Photo just surfaced of Max’s technical team at the Australian GP…

4 Likes

or read the forum :roll_eyes:

I know to skip this thread.

…… hmmmm …… something not quite right
Alonso ‘brake tests’ Russell and causes him to crash.
Alonso gets 20 sec penalty, that relegates him to 8th and 4 championship points,
Russell gets nothing.

1 Like

I like Alonso and his driving but this was Alonso at his worst. Should have been put to the back of the grid for the next race ( and this one).

3 Likes