F1 - 2024 Season

I agree, driving strategically and cleverly is fine but this was over the limit. I would also like to see some other drivers, such as Mag being sanctioned for some of his dubious moves. Hopefully, this penalty for Alonso will give the other drivers the message that you need to be sporting.

1 Like

Compromising corner entry to get better exit or professional foul? Here’s the comparison of ALO’s speed through that corner vs previous lap…

Personally I think Nando was being a naughty boy there.

“The 29-year-old Spaniard is now the only man to beat Red Bull to a grand prix victory since Mercedes’ George Russell won in Brazil on 13 November 2022”

BBC.

Mercedes hope that all the other teams got a good look at the floor of Russell’s car while it was on its side. And that they all copy it. :wink:

5 Likes

Norris holds the record for the most number of podium finishes without a win (14), a record I’m sure he won’t be boasting. OP being asked to swap places didn’t go down well with the local crowd but he took it in his stride, think he’s going to mature into a good F1 driver.

Another wrong move indeed by Ferrari, it will be sad to see arguably the greatest ever struggle on. And Lewis the politician, whilst living in Monaco or will he take up residence back in “the slums of Stevenage”?!

Why don’t you let Hamilton enjoy “Bel Paese”?!We have beautiful mountains, seasides,lakes,good food, nice wines…

I’m very happy for him, but I’m not sure he’ll be happy if the results don’t work out.

I’m starting to think LH is never going to be happy.

1 Like

Yeah someone who is so driven (sorry!) he’ll never be satisfied.

He’ll suit (sorry!) a nice career in fashion.

Once Tim Berners Lee invented a way of unfettered information transport between human being. Something that would cross all borders and bring information to everyone.

2024:

:confused:

2 Likes

I changed my VPN location to UK and I was able to view.

Yeah, thanks, I know. Was commenting about the principle of it.

Tbf, if it’s pretty much any race from the last couple of years, you aren’t missing much, and I can tell you how it ends.

I am not sure he is passed his ‘sell by date’.

He spent most his career at the front of the grid until the end of 2021 when he was robbed of the title which would have given him immortality &, possibly, would never have been beaten.

He has then spent two, & now looking like a third season, in a 2nd grade car which struggles to make the podium, let alone seriously fight for wins.

Given all he has achieved, do you really think he has any motivation in a very poor car?

I believe that he desperately wants that eight championship &, if the Ferrari is any good, you will see a re-invigorated LH next season. I would be surprised to see a string of poor performances from him. If he feels that his age has effected his abilities I suspect that he would retire leaving his stella reputation/record untarnished.

4 Likes

He has always wanted to drive for Ferrari and has waited until Ferrari had a car capable, and he had already proved himself. It’s the right time before he retires from F1.

1 Like

Meanwhile, Toto seems to be having fun with the media and winding up Horner with his talk about how happy he would be to have Max in a Merc.

1 Like

Imo had Lewis achieved his 8th title in 2021 he would probably have retired then

1 Like