F1 - 2024 Season

I don’t think is the only one on a farewell.

Agree there are might be others too. The new generation will be coming in. Our next Ferrari driver will be Tuukka Taponen but it will still take a few years.

We’ll surely see them popping up in one of the many retirement topics on this forum.

Well the should be able to afford a full fat 500 series or Statement.

1 Like

At least this time the lead and track order changed during pitstops thereby making overtaking an essential part of the race to get a good result.

Is there any point with the rest of the season? Just give RB the trophy and save time, money, effort and exhaust gas.

Well, much like today’s action, it’s a race for third. Even TV coverage has given up. You see a couple of RBRs at the start and at the finish, beyond pit stops that’s about it.

2 Likes

Wow. What a great race this was! :+1:
I am so glad Sainz got the podium. I was also hoping 'Nando to do well better than P6 but I guess the Aston Martin is yet not as good as McLaren or Ferrari.

Alonso has signed another multi-year contract with Aston Martin. The question now is, will Lance Stroll stay or give up on his F1 dream?

1 Like

More like F1 nightmare!
Baby Stroll has no place in F1.

Never understood the point of keeping a place for a child if he’s not fast enough. To be not fast enough in f1 is not that big problem in life if you’ve got some billions after all…

Season starts in Melbourne next year due to Ramadan holidays in the Middle East. Your first chance to see LH in red will be down under.

How is this any different to not so very long ago when it was Mercedes out front race after race?

Regards

Richard

1 Like

It’s not far but as mentioned already in the thread, the Schumi/Ferrari dominance at the start of the century feels closest imo.

Mercedes often had the best/fastest car during the glory years but frequently didn’t, being second best to RBR and/or Ferrari on many occasions. However the Merc team worked better as a complete machine than the others, with years of gathered momentum, certainly than Ferrari. Something RBR now has.

I think Mercedes are more like the McLaren years with Prost, right up at the top there but with competition (primarily from Williams, including interrupting the flow of championships, until they themselves took over the mantle).

So now ALO has re-signed what do we think happens with the rest of the grid? If Merc passes on Sainz, seeing him drive somewhere like Sauber next year would be unbelievably savage considering his form.

I’m holding out hope that Bottas lands back with Merc for a farewell tour before they bring in Antonelli.

Sainz is a super choice for the Merc imho, no need for them to complicate anything at the moment

1 Like

I think the issue is that he may want longer term than they are willing to give.

1 Like

Maybe but I guess contracts are drawn with lots of conditions today

I know an agent in F1, and the usual thing is all sides play off against each other until the last possible moment. The press reports are invariably wrong, or put out by mischievous agents and teams.

1 Like

Beggars can’t be choosers…