F1 - 2024 Season

In Italy the newspapers say Sainz is almost certain to join Mercedes

1 Like

I really like Sainz, great driver but not sure he is best at Merc. With the wayward cars of last few years it feels to me like they need old pair of hands/strong set up person to help pull them back to the front, but what do I know …

1 Like

Perhaps the guy that does so well in their simulator that does not correlate to the actual car should be given a chance😉

3 Likes

Yeah… bump off Perez and put Sainz in the RBR. :grinning:
Or… remove Stroll and put him there. Might be a better fit than Merc.

1 Like

I’d like to see Sainz at AM along side Alonso. I think they would be a powerful partnership and Alonso has proven the car is capable.
Not sure RB will ditch Perez as he is performing well enough at the moment. I can’t really see Max leaving RB and going to Merc, but until that’s settled RB will need to hang on to all of their other capable drivers.
Merc need a strong No.1 and unfortunately I don’t think Russell is it. I know they are holding off on Sainz until Max has finished toying with them, but with Alonso re-signed with AM and Charles signed up to Ferrari, there just aren’t enough high quality drivers around.
Maybe Hulk to Merc to keep a seat warm for Kimi Antonelli and Bearman in to Hass for a year or two?

2 Likes

Williams probably alongside Albon

1 Like

Good shout. We really need the young talent to come through and get into viable seats though. Anybody watching the Moto GP can attest to what a rookie can achieve!

5 Likes

Well that was an interesting sprint qualifying. Sudden change in conditions and a circuit as slippery as heck will always see the cream rise to the top :fist_right::fist_left:

I know you guys love Lando Norris but gee he makes his share of mistakes

1 Like

Yep, he does. There was a time i thought he might be championship material. Like Charles though, he makes too many mistakes to get to that level.

2 Likes

It’s a familiar pattern, his first lap is rarely a strong one.

BBC can’t let go of the past though, “Verstappen beats Hamilton to Chinese GP Sprint win

More like RBR and Verstappen destroy the field by over a second a lap.

I do wonder if a few years down the line something slips out about the method of provision of some extra zing over and above the natural talent that is Max and Adrian, bit like the funny fuel and super duper tyres Michael had during his glory years at Ferrari.

3 Likes

I don’t think Lando has the patience, think he’s a little frustrated by how long it’s taking him to get that first win. Has to annoy him that Oscar has already won a (sprint) race.

I’m really starting to think that Hamilton has “left the room” :disappointed:

Well he’s certainly left qualifying

2 Likes

Yep, I bet Toto is ready to/has already decided to put all resources behind George.

2 Likes

Redbull of course, it gives you wings!

6 Likes

I hope nothing comes out in years to come that casts a shadow over the RB & MV era.

I think it’s just like LH & Mercedes, Ferrari & Schumacher, Prost/Senna & McLaren. Exceptionally talented drivers in the right car at the right time.

6 Likes

… and then we have those who were in the wrong car at their prime (e.g. the years Kimi wasted).

There is also the story about the other Mika, he could have been as successful as his namesake - his only win was taken by Eddie.

2 Likes

Danny can’t take a trick this season. :frowning:

1 Like

Can we do without Nico on commentary in the future please.

4 Likes