F1 - 2024 Season

I feel a bit sorry for the commentators and all the viewers when the result is pretty much predetermined.
I have been following F1 since the early 70s and have probably seen most races since the early 80s. Today I could only just muster the enthusiasm required to watch it at 8.00pm. Bit sad really.

1 Like

I enjoy Nico commentating. Always says it as it is. Good insight, gives praise where it’s due and correctly critical too.
Certainly better than Naomi and Bernie Collins both talking absolute rubbish and useless.
Enjoyed the race, yet another masterclass, the likes of which have never been seen before.
Superb drive from Lando.

1 Like

Maybe Kimi instead? :grinning:

2 Likes

Give it up for 'Nando~ A poor guy needs a better car!

1 Like

It’s a narrow call…

2 Likes

This comment seems somewhat misogynistic about two respected women within the sport, reminiscent of attitudes about women having roles in sports from the 80s and before.

1 Like

Its not misogynistic just my opion. I think Ted kravitz is useless but he has a different role, not a expert studio host. I, also think Natalie Pinkham is good in her role but she is not there to be an expert.
So please don’t please try and dicount my view under this modern pretence. Like alll presenters they should be picked on merit.

2 Likes

Spends too much time in the toilet :joy:

1 Like

I after a while tried the English commentary again, and was pleasantly surprised. They were actually complimenting Verstappen (last time I tried it it was just the car) and weren’t brown nosing Hamilton and Russell the whole time. Also the fake/exaggerated enthusiasm was less. Perhaps different commentators?

I might try it more often.

1 Like

The English broadcast is so biase it’s makes me laugh, however it’s still quite good. I also don’t mind Nicos input.

2 Likes

Lance Stroll showed again he has no business in F1. He rams into Ricciardo, then whines like a little baby that Ricciardo is an idiot.
Look in the mirror!

2 Likes

Or in front you. Man’s a fool (Stroll) and wasting a seat.

1 Like

I find him quite fascinating, most races like you I feel he has no business in F1. But then, once in a while, when he feels like it I guess, he shows he can be a really fast driver. A shame he doesn’t feel like it very often. Perhaps it’s because he’s never had to fight for a seat in any formula?

2 Likes

I think more like Alonso’s shown the Aston can be a really fast car! At least when in the hands of someone with skillz…

3 Likes

Alonso has obliterated Stroll in the same car!

When Perez was at Racing point alongside Stroll, Perez was far superior to Stroll. Look at how far Perez is from Verstappen. Now imagine putting Stroll in a Red Bull compared to Verstappen…

1 Like

he said Mercedes would never employ him. his book is great.

moto GP is great. different winner every race. i forget the names.

2 Likes

That is certainly a waste of a car.

1 Like

Waste of TWO cars if one were to look at last weekend :sweat_smile:

1 Like

His dad pays.