F1 - 2024 Season

The team internally is called V-Carb so i hear.

Maybe they should call it cash car.

2 Likes

F1 - It’s a no to Andretti apparently

I foresee a massive squabble and toys being thrown out of the pram over this. Along with several lawyers making a lot of money and journalists writing so much about it that keyboards will be worn out.

Turn it back into a sport. Bin the current regime(s) in charge (F1 and FIA). Set the budget cap at about a tenth of what it is now, get rid of the complexity and get back to reality.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Whilst I have a lot of sympathy for this stance and in many ways, I would like to go back to watching DFV in the back of Lotuses etc, this would be a bad move. F1 has never just been about the sport. F1 has always been technology-driven, with designers exploring cutting-edge technology from other areas and adapting it to F1’s needs. And it has always been a marketing tool, initially for cars, oils etc., and then a few clever folks in F1 worked out they had excellent mobile billboards and started selling space. It has always only been sport during the on-track time, the rest has always been a mix of engineers attempting to bend the rules just far enough they don’t get a rap across the wrist and the car disqualified, about business and/or national prestige. The complexity of the current cars reflects the level of technology we now have around the world. Drastically cutting costs as you propose would put thousands out of work and take away one of the important selling points of F1, which is being the pinnacle of motorsport.

4 Likes

I suppose you’re right. However I’ve been watching since the days of BBC highlights in the 70’s and I just can’t remember it being quite as boring and piss poor irritating as the last 5 or 6 years. And I don’t mind a bit of showbiz and razzmatazz on the side but now the sport in question comes a distant loser to ‘The Show’.

Just watch F2 or F3 instead.

Or, even better, BTCC.

2 Likes

Watch a bit of Formula E.

You’ll soon warm to current F1 again!

5 Likes

Try Moto GP or WSBK and you might find your attention is captivated. Far more thrilling than F1 and some real characters. Riders really putting themselves and their machines on the line.

3 Likes

You’re right about Formula E. I mean, who does watch it? You certainly can’t listen to it without going nuts.

Whenever I catch a bit of it, for some reason, the words ’ Micky’ & ‘mouse’ spring to mind.

1 Like

Nice play on words.!!

5 Likes

Sky saying Lewis is off to Ferrari … 2025 season

2 Likes

It suits him!:sunglasses:

1 Like

I read there were talks. Has it been confirmed now?

BBC saying it is talks, Sky saying it is a done deal. sky do seem to get the inside track (pardon the pun) on these stories

1 Like

Wants a more miserable time than the past two Mercedes seasons?

1 Like

2:00 I believe