F1 - 2024 Season

Well, this will endear him to the team striving to win him an 8th championship…

1 Like

I can only assume he’s been left unimpressed by results on the simulator.

1 Like

If so, I’d be looking to swap with Lando.

Ferrari lack the consistency both Lewis and Max have shown is needed to win championships in recent times.

Presumably, Ferrari have very deep pockets though. From their point of view, Lewis hardly appears a long term investment for them &, at the age he will be, I’m not sure what they think he will bring them.

I think better of Lewis, so I hope he is taking Alonso as his inspiration rather than simply looking for one last, big payday.

1 Like

Charles has been very competitive with Sainz, of being very reluctant to yield. So I am wondering how it will be at Ferarri then with two “first” drivers.

1 Like

Read an I/V with Adrian Newey a few days back (can’t remember where), wherein he explained that porpoising is very difficult to replicate in a simulator, and this issue has been known about for many years, from the days of the ground-effect cars. Older heads, one wonders?

Doubtless, if Hamilton does well in a Ferrari, it’ll be due to his talent and, if not, it’ll be the car.

As you remarked above, the days are well & truly passed of a driver driving the wheels of a car from talent alone - although the performance gap between Alonso and Stroll informs!

1 Like

Sky reporting it as a done deal for 2025.

1 Like

Can’t fault Lewis at all for this move. Slightly more competitive team and gets to finish his career driving in the iconic red trim. So I guess Carlos to Merc? He’s too good to slip too far down the grid. I assume Merc have realised they are in for a multi year rebuild before getting back to the front.

2 Likes

Lewis to Ferrari
Alex Albon to Mercedes
Carlos to RBR to replace Perez
Perez to Williams

5 Likes

Hard to know if this is rumour mills going crazy or based on insider knowledge. I guess we will find out soon. An Alex and George pairing would be a strong partnership if Lewis did move.

Nice distraction to the Andretti situation.

1 Like

Isn’t Carlos slated for Audi?

I was also thinking this. Don’t think they will think twice to pass over Ricciardo if they can get Sainz.

2 Likes

Ocon and Hulkenberg?

Didn’t Marko say something like the reason Max was promoted to RB so quickly was partly to separate him and Carlos when they were at TR?

I have no idea lol

Ferrari share price up 10%, that’s $10BN…

Paid his wages already.

It probably has more to do with the profits over 2023 that were 30% up. How on earth are they going to win with an oldtimer? :wink:

Ah but often when a company announces record profits then the share price actually drops, the theory being they’ve topped out…

It must be Hamilton then :upside_down_face:

Now seeing rumors that Bonno is going with?