F1 - 2024 Season

Indeed, a good race is much more interesting to watch regardless the winner.

4 Likes

Plus Max was smiling more on Sunday than on any race day where he wins! :laughing:

2 Likes

Max seemed genuigngly happy that lando won. they are good friends and go back a long way.

3 Likes

Is Lando any taller now?

:rofl:

1 Like

A bit.
He was a late bloomer. :laughing:

download

2 Likes

Yesterday, May 8th was the 42nd anniversary of Gilles Villeneuve’s death. May 1st and May 8th are horrible days for Formula 1… :frowning_face:

1 Like

2426856_1705_gilles_villeneuve_27_rosso

5 Likes

I was there, at the circuit when he had his accident, we watched in silence as the medical people worked on him, we saw the car being lifted onto the trailer and covered with a sheet as it was driven away. When we returned to the hotel we heard the news that Gilles had passed away.

A very sad day.

2 Likes

Interesting interview of Ron Denis.

Gee nothing like an English win to boast this thread. However I do share your feeling re Lando, good on him. Hope there’s more to come.

Alex Albon has signed a long-term deal with Williams. I guess he is hoping that by sticking with Williams longer term he will like Lando to be rewarded by a team returning to being able to fight for podiums and wins again.

1 Like

Maybe of all the hundreds of rumours, the one about Newey going to Williams is true? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They’ve defo had an informal conversation and I like the idea, it’s got some romance, he has nothing to prove, I assume he doesn’t need massive amounts of cash, he’s a pragmatist but also appreciates a ‘challenge’. Heaven knows how substantial the legs actually are though.

I did note McLaren have backtracked from their initial ‘not interested’ stance to ‘…of course we’d consider it.’

1 Like

McLaren have fallen a little in my respect after all the photos of a certain orange visitor to the garage, sadly.

2 Likes

Natural camouflage

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Works for me, be nice to see Williams win a race or two in the not too distant future.

2 Likes

Jerome d’Ambrosio will join Ferrari as their Deputy Team Principal after departing his role as head of Mercedes’ young driver programme.

Reporting directly into team boss Fred Vasseur, D’Ambrosio will make the same move that Lewis Hamilton is set to make next year – from Brackley to Maranello – while D’Ambrosio will also take on the role of Head of the Scuderia Ferrari Driver Academy.

A share of ownership may be the icing on the cake…

And a real win-win for both parties.

Unfinished business…

newey-sull-incidente-di-senna-uno-dei-miei-piu-grandi-rimpianti-16388-5

3 Likes