F1 - 2024 Season

Wonderful, there’s a great deal of mutual respect between Hill and Stewart there!

1 Like

They didn’t have a choice in the matter, it was imposed on them by the promotor according to a couple of articles I read. Almost as the visit was happening they issued a press statement saying that they were an apolitical organisation and the visit did not imply support, which I think speaks volumes.

Fair enough if that is what happened but I also read what Norris said, did not expect that. I cannot help wonder what Lewis or Vettel would have done in the situation.

I dunno, sounded more like the generic bollox that any sportsperson dishes out to the meeja when asked about something potentially tricky and they’re trying to walk down that middle line of not offending anyone or giving your employer a PR headache to handle afterwards…

1 Like

Yeah that is also true. Ah well it is easy for me to comment not having been in the situation.

They would likely have been very outspoken because they can be whilst Norris is not in such a strong position. No doubt Lewis was avoided because of this. I suspect Toto would have been more outspoken too, again because he can be due to his position as a team owner and team principal with multiple championships under his belt rather than an employee like Zak Brown with none so far.

1 Like

Looks like Ferrari upgrades are working nicely. Lewis must be rubbing his hands. Poor Carlos!

Hopefully they will enforce track limits at the start of the variante alta, during practice a number of peeps were using the whole kerb and outside of the white line as a result. Probably legal given the length of the cars so maybe reduce the width of the kerb.

But Ferrari has a well documented history in recent years of getting a really good car, more than capable of winning races and potentially championships, only to then bottle it.

But they are looking very good for this weekends race based on today’s practice sessions.

1 Like

And if RBR stay slightly off the fastest pace then it could be 8 cars fighting for the podium :grinning:

I notice though traditionally a one stopper, Pirelli have brought softest tyres with them, must be hoping for some strategy diversity too…

3 Likes

Unbelievable lap from Hulk!

3 Likes

Make of this what you will

1 Like

Yes, he clearly got a decent tow.

The drivers enjoy driving the track. However, watching the practice sessions, it is very narrow and overtaking will be very difficult at F1 speeds. I think we may have to rely on safety cars etc etc. We will see.

EDIT:

Norris - who won the last race in Miami, where he was quicker than Verstappen - said: “To overtake here is pretty much impossible” BBC.

What is the point of racing on a track like this?.

Looking forward to tonight’s race, I’m hoping OP can recover from his setback. A podium would be nice. DR may even have decent finish.

2 Likes

Same here. With the pace in that McLaren he should be able to make up some places.

2 Likes

Very boring race due to the narrow track which does not allow overtaking. Even if Lando had eventually caught up to Max he would not have been able to overtake him.

1 Like

I think Lando did catch Max. He finished only 0.725 secs behind him.

Why did the commentator keep saying there was 100% chance of the safety car coming out :roll_eyes:

Max might have slowed…

As long as you are in front…