F1 - 2024 Season

I am pleased Charles won, 3rd time lucky pole position for him. Also pleased that Alex got points for Williams. Ocon rightly got a penalty. How Magnusson escaped 3 points astounds me. As for the race, well it was a nice slow procession so allowed the spectators to get 76 longish views of the cars during the race.

Damn, I didn’t realise that Nigel was back racing, who can forget that tash

:rofl:

Mind you with this processional race I doubt if he would have had any trouble keeping up.

1 Like

Call me nostalgic, but despite not enjoying the “race”, somehow Monaco is a part of F1 for me. I wouldn’t want to see it go. The drivers seem to feel the same way judging by their comments, and let’s not forget, it’s Monaco that’s part of the triple crown, not the F1 DC.

I’d rather see Abu Dhabi go.

4 Likes

Gee you blokes are hard to please, when Max/RBR dominate and you’re not happy. He comes 6th, Ferrari win and an a Aussie finishes second and your still not happy. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You’ve not heard the term whinging poms? :grin:

4 Likes

You can never please us poms, we moan when we don’t win and when we do win all we want to do is see the team/person then fail so that we can moan about why they failed.

:grin:

1 Like

I’m not. I had a bet that Piastri was going to win. I suspect he might have too if the KMag hadn’t done a Maldonado.

1 Like

Well, we had two long awaited wholesome victories in three races. In fact that was the only reason I managed to stay awake yesterday, to see Leclerc clinch it. Imagine, winning a Grand Prix on the street you got on the bus to go to school.

5 Likes

I watched both the Monaco Grand prix and Indy 500 yesterday. What a contrast!
To the tire management fest that was Monaco, Indy provided the thrills!

2 Likes

Just a shame the 500 was delayed for so long. Great racing though and a thriller till the end. Just gutted for Pato.

Just watched highlights of the Indy 500, a hell of a lot more action there than at the Monaco parade.

Highlight of the afternoon for me was this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1794710528079650949

1 Like

Apparently Lewis suggested 2 mandatory pit stops a couple of year’s back to spice things up. Perhaps sensible if they’re going to keep Monaco

Talk that Alpine boss is going to bench Ocon for Canada

If they went to 2 pit stops then why not add in that teams must use all three different tyre formats, that works for a two stop race, in fact why not do that for all GP’s?

And in the event of a red flag then no work can be carried out on the car, any changes to the car after the time the red flag is brought out results in a penalty.

2 Likes

That was dull, even by F1 standards. Kudos to the commentators who were able to remain optimistic that something, anything would actually happen. Even though they new full-well it wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Apparently, well according to Planetf1.com, yesterday’s traffic jam broke an F1 record. This was the first time the top ten finished in the starting order.

Well if you can’t overtake and no one in the top 10 crashes…

:roll_eyes:

How about, for Monaco only, the drivers all race in go-karts?

Exiting racing which should sort the men from the boys.

3 Likes

KMag tried it. Didn’t work out.

2 Likes