F1 - 2024 Season

Bring back a 2nd tyre manufacturer into F1. Simples.

3 Likes

I will throw my 2p in and say go back to steel brakes and therefore increase braking distances and hence the old “dive down the inside” happens more often.

2 Likes

As per normal, Monaco is all about Saturday. My PVR missed most of the race, saw the red flag & then from lap 58 onwards, seems as though I didn’t miss much as expected. For Monaco, I like George Russells simple idea, only bring the soft tire. These won’t last the full race, so an early red flag doesn’t eliminate the pitstops.

Edit: Guess I should add, for those that mention but the rules state they need to run two different compounds under dry conditions. Monaco already has some special exceptions (believe the race is shorter then a normal race distance), so adding another for tires shouldn’t be an issue.

Just bin it.

Or we could ignore it! I guess if there were no viewers it would sort itself out.

My own plan would be to extend the ‘circuit’ so, after the Station Hairpin, instead of turning right at Portiers and heading down the tunnel, they take the roundabout on the left and shoot up one side of Avenue Princess Grace and back on the other again. Then with the ‘You’ey’ at the end of it as a braking zone and bringing in two long straights with a couple of kinks in it, with added DRS you also create a better overtaking point after the tunnel at the Nouvelle Chicane.

1 Like

I’d like to see the “kids” given a chance in '25 specifically

1. Ollie Bearman to Haas- pretty likely
  2. Jack doohan to RB - Sorry Danny Ric!!
  3. Liam Lawson to Alpine - off you go Ocon
  4. Kimi Antonelli to Mercedes - why not George will be no.1

I can live with one Aussie being replaced by another, I love DR but I think he needs to find another formula.

1 Like

Also, looks like Carlos’ options are narrowing. Heard that RBR likely to renew Perez, so he might just end up at the back of the grid in a Sauber/Audi

I so do not understand this.

1 Like

Plus 1 on this, Perez will cost RB the constructors title this year, they haven’t got the lead over teams they had in the last few years so Perez has to pull his weight, and he is not.

1 Like

Perhaps it is cause of options. It is the only thing I can imagine. They cannot possibly put DR in and maybe they want to avoid losing another rookie, like happened with Albon.

I’d have thought they would go for Sainz though.

The drivers will sort themselves out, for me the problem is a lack of competitive cars. Hopefully the changes coming fix it.

Sundays F1 was boring it’s hard enough to stay awake in our time zone.

It was hard enough to stay awake at 15:00 this side as well!!

1 Like

He left them because he didn’t want to be the 2nd driver next to Verstappen, but they wanted to keep him. So it’s possible he’s still not interested in that position, and wants to be a first driver somewhere.

1 Like

I saw a little of a NASCAR race on a round track that I was thought was boring but it a much better spectacle than the Monaco F1. Least there was some passing.

1 Like

Maybe but with the RB he would be able to fight a lot more . Saw newest rumours are that he may be going to Williams, and if Newey also ends up there I will eat my words :laughing:

It was a literally a Sunday drive. And perhaps not even that as I passed at last two cars in the morning going to the shop!

1 Like

The real problem is exactly by the time teams sort out the regulations and the field becomes competitive they change the rules. This will happen again in 26 and we’ll probably see another clear leader who will win for 3-4 years.

I love an optimist. :grin::grin:

And it’s a pure joke for sure that bureaucrats do not allow 11th team. So we have less core participants and more bureaucrats.

1 Like

There’s no vacancies, so he would be the number 1 in a non existent team.

If went to Merc he would be no better off than being at Red Bull, if he went to Alpine he would be at the back of the grid ditto Sauber and Haas. Williams number 1 is sorted as is Aston Martin, Ferrari and McLaren.

If Sainz wants a number 1 drive then he would have to swallow a hell of a lot of pride and look to kick DR out of RB and settle for mid table mediocrity, Sainz is a GP winner he will want the opportunity to win more races, only Red Bull or Merc will offer him that opportunity.

A small curve ball - Lawrence Stroll sacks Lance Stroll and Carlos buddies up with his mate Fernando.

I have thought Sainz to AM was the obvious as soon as the Hamilton move was confirmed.

1 Like