F1 - 2024 Season

Oh yes please, please please oh please.

2 Likes
2 Likes

You beat me to it! :laughing:. Just watched it and wanted to post.

1 Like

Hey, as a fellow Canadian… I fully support that :rofl:

2 Likes
1 Like

Really feel for Sainz, he’s driving extremely well and doesn’t deserve to end up at the back of the grid next year.

2 Likes

An intersting U-Tube clip from Monaco 1962, the video quality is outstanding.
Note the small amount of armco, the straw bales, open racing by the quayside, the old railway line, track marshalls/officials standing around with nothing between them and the cars.
So nice to see the car sizes that could overtake, not like juggernought sized mobile roadblocks that F1 in Monaco is now. That was Monaco in its heyday.

You need to ‘decode’ the (dot) (forum rules)
www.youtube (dot) com/watch?v=2r3gVcwoeyw

1 Like

All good but unfortunately too many drivers marshals and spectators were killed. The increase in car size goes hand in hand with the decline in deaths.

1 Like

Yes I’m fully aware of all that Pete, I’ve lost friends and experienced the carnage first hand.
I posted it because of the video quality, to better show how it used to be in Monaco (& all other circuits) in those days.
A lot of people romance over Monaco - I guess through rose tinted glasses - but it really isn’t a suitable track for F1 anymore.

I’ve always said that if we must have Monaco on the F1 calendar, it should be a race unique to the F1 season.
I like the idea of a one make all identcal cars that are sized to be more suitable for real competive racing around Monaco … a race to show off the real best drivers.

3 Likes

Agreed they need to do something apart from OP ruining second it was extremely boring

Great quality footage. Dangerous, lots of lamp posts and trees to hit.

I remember Jackie Stewart a few years later saying that he always drove as slowly as he could but fast enough to win the race. Today’s drivers can take far more risks .

1 Like

Hardly surprising considering his history of driving through his team mates rather than around them.

1 Like

As I said previously I’d like to see Alpine reserve driver Jack Doohan get the drive. Same with RB reserve driver Liam Lawson. Ĺooks like Ollie Bearman will go to Haas

1 Like

Takes the idea of “shortest path to victory” a little too literally!

1 Like

The only race Ocon won was due to Alonso holding up Hamilton for many laps. If I was a Team Principal I wouldn’t want him in my team, like K Mag his ambition is way above his talent level.

2 Likes

I think Gasly is doing a happy dance right now.

1 Like

Quite rightly safety has improved as it needed too, but could the improvements in driver safety not come without making the cars appear like huge mobile traffic islands complete with do not overtake signs.

There are a few who maybe shouldn’t be in F1;

Ocon
K Mag
Sargent
Stroll

8 Likes

Is anyone using the Formula 1 TV app (subscription required) to watch F1?

I very much like the app. But, why can they not stream events in 4K and HDR? F1 is the biggest technological sport in the world; yet they stream in lowly 1080P.