F1 - 2024 Season

Fingers crossed for that 40%!

1 Like

Villeneuve thinks DR took it all a little personal, can’t see how he could’ve taken it any other way.

Wet weather race looks like it might be interesting.

3 Likes

Well, it was entertaining!

7 Likes

Didn’t watch it simply because I don’t have Sky or any other way of watching live.

But the text commentary certainly gave the impression of an interesting race.

McLaren are getting closer to Ferrari in both championships, it’s bubbling up nicely, the question is whether anyone can catch Max.

1 Like

McLaren and Mercedes had four cars between them with similar pace and of course then proceeded to trip over each other and let Max have it.

5 Likes

Very entertaining indeed! And nice to see Russell having another flawless race :wink:

4 Likes

Lando seemed to be caught napping on that last restart, Max was gone before Lando realised they were racing again whereas he should have been challenging for the lead.

It should have been a win for Merc or McLaren today, they should have bullied Max out of the top 3 but somehow Max and Red Bull turned the tables.

Off to Barcelona next for the start of a triple header.

Flawless? He gave away second place and stopped Hamilton having the possibility of passing the Mclarens for third. Good he managed to get back, but it only made up for his errors. So no, not flawless.

1 Like

I suspect it was meant with some cynicism…:rofl:

5 Likes

Ah, missed that. My bad.

1 Like

Zak and Toto are clearly quite chummy, maybe next time they’ll be on the phone to each other…

1 Like

Me? Never!

1 Like

It’s similar to how Lando drove for so long without a win isn’t it? So keen and desperate for that win (albeit his 2nd), the little mistakes turn into race turning events. Tbf though, it was a good move on Lewis…

1 Like

Strange, those last few lap times of Lewis. He was flying one second faster per lap on the hard tires and all of a sudden dropped back. Perhaps he picked up some Yuki carbon

It’s what separates the good from the great :wink:

But Norris should have won this one, I guess it was karma where the safety car handed it to him in Miami, here it took it away from him.

I think it’s very exciting to see Mercedes getting in the mix. Ferrari is bound to be back up there as well, so hopefully next race we get an eight car fight for the win!

That sure was a good race for a change! :+1:
Lando is for the Driver of the day. I agree!
Russel buckled as usual.

Does anyone now what went wrong with Ferrari? It seems that the old inconsistency is back.

And, of course, it is complete without an “honourable” mention of the bonzo performance of Perez!

But what an exciting race. And kudos to Hulkenberg for not collecting Sargeant!

Seven cars, I’m afraid: I don’t think we’ll see Perez racing for the win…

2 Likes

An entertaining race. I also think the two M teams lost the GP. But then wet races like this are a bit of a lottery that Max was fortunate with, a deserved win though as he made the most of the car, conditions and his luck. The unluckiest driver has to be Albon, an innocent victim of a spinning red car.

Meanwhile, Jamie Chadwick won the Indy NXT race at Road America.

2 Likes

I was shocked when Macs preferred to run intermediates and thrown away 15+ sec advantage. Stella hired some famous strategists from Ferrari or what’s going on?)