F1 - 2024 Season

But why? What is the difference vs sponsoring young LH or idk Oscar Piastri?

Let’s face the truth - if a female driver would have beaten Max in F3, Dr. Marko would be the first to sponsor everything :slight_smile:

What a great way to get someone involved, via a practice session, awesome.

But Williams have a ‘spare’ driver who gets the ‘free practice’ drives. :slightly_frowning_face:

I do think that there is too much lip service given to getting women into the top tier of motorsport, it is frustrating but I have no doubt that given the opportunity women can win in F1, if they can fly the latest fighter jets they can succeed in a F1 car.

Just need F1 to open the door and say come on in, have a drive and let’s see what you can do, there doesn’t have to be a commitment beyond that initial session or sessions, who knows maybe the 2030 world champion is a woman.

It’s a false logic nothing common there

1 Like

Success in f1 car is only possible for those who can succeed in f3 car, male or female doesn’t matter

Why not sponsor a woman?

For any woman getting into motorsport there are so many prejudices to overcome before they even get into a car, motorsport is male dominated and suffers accordingly, you only have to look at the teams at the top to see that the teams are predominantly male.

Yes, women are getting more involved, getting key roles but it is slow process and for female drivers non existent progress.

2 Likes

Common, there’re no problems you’re describing, a woman who is a head of strategy at Red Bull kicked Mclaren ass beautifully in the most recent Canadian race if you’ve not noticed :slight_smile:

If any woman wants to race in f1 there’s a very simple route - to win f3 championship in fair competition.

They may also make a male car 50kg heavier :slight_smile:

I thought it was because Max and George were in the right place to duck into the pits and change tyres whereas Lando had gone past the pit entry when the first safety car was called?

If anyone lost the race it was George, who on fresh rubber with a dozen laps to go should and probably would have won if he worked out how to drive properly.

1 Like

He had an opportunity to pit and even after next lap he would stay ahead

I mean that even if a very good driver cannot secure a place there might be some priorities vs pushing Jamie into f1 for no reason. For example to stop bullying Andretti.

The good driver might have a seat, we don’t know whether they have or haven’t, but I fail to see what that has to do with wanting to see women succeeding in F1.

Barriers are being kicked over by women in all aspects of life, and its great to see, hopefully the like of Jamie or another talented woman driver will be kicking some male ass in F1 in the not too distant future.

Don’t forget to call upon dying at war at the same rate as men therefore

That’s too expensive. It’s plain stupid to do it this way. It a nation sacrifices 90 pct of its man, and keeps the woman, they can regenerate quickly. The other way around doesn’t work.

I’m all for equality, but sometimes it doesn’t work.

There are good mixed sports, but they are kind of designed for it. Korfbal is a good example.

1 Like

Which is why we have to keep the power. :grin:

1 Like

Wow. This has gone tangential.

2 Likes

Only slightly :grimacing:

OMG. I’m finding it really difficult to understand how a thread devoted to just F1 could drop to the sexist level it just has over today.
I thought that anything “political” was a no go on here. This is getting to the point that in my mind it is political, for shure it’s sexist…anyone want to chuck Lewis into the mix and make it racist as well ? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I have mentioned Lewis, but I think I got away with it. :wink:

1 Like

Nah, Lewis is just a big girl’s…Oh wait…

1 Like