F1 - 2024 Season

The clip where he talks about driving James Hunt’s car is scary.

1 Like

Tangentially, still a number of cars in contention at Le Mans.

Doesn’t seem to be watchable on normal TV anymore…

Ah. Eurosport had the whole race. Entertaining, bar the 4 hours behind safety car in early hours because of the weather!

Eurosport used to be free to view on Sky, but it’s not there now and as far as I can see you have to subscribe to Discovery TV+ (whatever that is) in the UK.

If you have a vpn to France you can watch it for free. L’Equipe carries it. Handy for next year perhaps.

Interesting. I will try to remember that!

1 Like

I’ve got it and don’t have Discovery TV+. Channel 413+.

I don’t think it’s part of my SkySports deal either (don’t have TNT) – will check.

Anyways, was a proper multi team tussle from the end of the safety car.

I was all ready to watch the last hour as my wife was out, but I couldn’t find it!

At last!! Some cars with equal performance?

Lando Norris put in a last gasp effort to take pole position from Max Verstappen by 0.020s, with third to fifth – Lewis Hamilton, George Russell and Charles Leclerc – covered by only 0.030s.” Autosport.

1 Like

Yep, its looking good for Sunday’s race, I don’t mind who wins as long as the race isn’t a procession.

2 Likes

Perez gave Max a tow on the straight but he still came second to Norris. Encouraging.

So. There is this current story among F1 teams, nothing concrete but is certainly running at Merc and Ferrari. And is being tossed around the paddock.

An element of RBR’s aero has been found wanting a little while back by the FIA. The FIA told RBR they didn’t like it and not to continue with it. However this was allegedly fundamental to RBR’s ongoing upgrade package, which has therefore left the car in a slightly more tricky place than ideal. Max can cope with it but keeps bleating about randomness of grip levels. Perez can’t manage it at all.

However Merc and Ferrari know what it is and have developed their own similar bits at same time as RBR as part of upgrade package but theirs is legal. Whatever it is.

It’s like an enigma, within a riddle behind a shower curtain but apparently it is a thing.

1 Like

It could be the biggest McGuffin! :upside_down_face:

Lots of brown stuff flying around.

Although Max is still favourite it’s good to see genuine convergence from the others. Even Mercedes finally appear to have a good baseline. Lando now looks the real deal having the weight of his first win off his shoulders and don’t count Ferrari out. All in all much more exciting for the rest of the season

1 Like

I presume the 2nd article covers the aero bit that relates to my earlier post…RBR have been pinged, other teams have figured out how to something similar to work but not ‘bent’ in the eyes of the FIA, RBR crying foul.

1 Like

Come on lando

Lando also got a tow down the straight starting his lap, so that bit kind of equals out. Its the two mercs behind them that did not get a tow.

1 Like