F1 - 2024 Season

And the FIA have changed the rules on unsafe release so that if there isn’t a crash it’s obviously not an unsafe release

For a few years FIA used to be known as Ferrari International Assistance but now should be VIA or maybe RBRIA. Not quite so neat of course …

Have read lots of commentary by various people and many are saying that MV shouldn’t have been able to get away with his driving against Hamilton in 2021. It seems to me that MV has been doing it since he came to F1. Three years ago I did a search for MV apologies and he only ever apologised for hitting team mates. Never for hitting anyone else. Hamilton has apologised on many occasions when he got things wrong

F1 is turning into a complete shambles

1 Like

Only turning?

Running out of hyperbole :grinning:

Great race Sunday.
Good to see close racing. Much better to see than 20s in front procession.
As usual the Max bashers are out.
They should listen to Eddie Jordan’s version and Peter Windsors (https://youtu.be/qlwNeVVJIdk?si=ZINfWnVwWSRx3arX)
It’s not as clear cut in their view. Very interesting to listen also.

3 Likes

I’m sure the Max bashers would much prefer not to out. But…

Interesting. I have seen many of his fans cheering outside of the UK.

Max responds to the crash. I agree with him 100%. No need for an apology.

“It’s part of racing as well even though it’s not nice.”

3 Likes

He’s like Marc Márquez. :upside_down_face:
I think Max has calmed down a lot from the past without becoming a total eunuch.

2 Likes

Wherever you go there will be fans fans for each of the drivers, so LH and everyone else will get cheers and boos all around the world.

Lewis, Lando and George will get masses of support this weekend, Max maybe not so much - in fact I guess a few boos may head in his direction, in a few weeks time at the Belgian and Dutch GP’s it will be the other way round.

2 Likes

Hmm, not convinced he will escape the crowd’s ire in Belgium…I think Brit attendance numbers are second only to Silverstone!

Are you going to the Silverstone this weekend?
Rain expected so might be interesting!

No, Silverstone is a hopeless place to watch races from and there’s not much racing atmosphere, plenty of other stuff on but it always seems just a bit remote.

And it’s a dog eared shambles of a location.

And it’s ridiculously expensive, close on £200 for each person for one day, £350 for 3 days and that’s without a seat even!

A friend of mine is a driver in a far lower category and he says it’s his least favourite event on the calendar.

People I know who do attend races tend to go to Belgium, Italy, Baku or Singapore even (the latter if they’re feeling flush) as they just get so much more out of the whole event and a few days in Belgium, Baku or Italy, including GP, is cheaper! Baku particularly seems to be becoming a 2nd racing home and Singapore is just unbelievable as an experience apparently, if a bit clammy.

1 Like

From one of the stewards

“ Sensing Norris was about to overtake on the outside, Verstappen steered into his path and touched his brakes, causing the McLarendriver to make contact with the rear of the Red Bull engine. Norris suffered a puncture and was forced to retire while Verstappen was able to finish the race in fifth position, albeit while being handed a 10 second penalty.

The Brit described Verstappen’s driving as “dangerous”

1 Like

When is the racing NOT dangerous? :roll_eyes:
That’s part of the fun for the spectators. Safety issues have been addressed along the way in that it is a lot safer now than the past.

Could be a pitched battle then as Max was born in Belgium and the Dutch usually turn Spa orange.

Might be better if Ferrari win that race then

:joy:

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Someone I know is going there this weekend.

I was looking at the ticket prices in the US (Vegas ) oh my! three day Hospital/Paddock tickets start from 35k. :roll_eyes:

Even a single Nascar grand stand ticket in Chicago starts at 500$.

And it’s a dog eared shambles of a location.

You mean it’s in the middle of nowhere?

It is much safer now, back in the early 80’s I covered Spa as a photographer, I was stood next to the armco out in the forest getting the cars coming down the hill towards me, and along the straight, no safety fence no nothing. I never gave it a moments thought, it was just a great place for some pictures.

And I could wander freely round the pits, the whole sport was far more relaxed then than it is now.

3 Likes

Dangerous as defined by the rules that they all meant to follow. Hence the penalty.

2 Likes

Right. But I must say how the rules are enforced is not totally consistent.

1 Like

Especially when it is Max is breaking them. He, more often than not gets away without a punishment.

2 Likes