F1 - 2024 Season

Yep, made quite a good fist of the current Stewart…

1 Like

Or Jaguar…?

Read that Lewis will be back on wage parity with Verstappen in 2025 at £50m per season. It’s a tough life!

Perhaps he’ll move back to the Stevenage Ghetto and hand over 45% of it in tax.

3 Likes

Hamilton to Ferrari looks good for Lewis, good for Ferrari and I think exciting for us fans!

2 Likes

Just a report on Crash.net that Lewis will be earning $100m a year. Tough being one of the all-time F1 greats. I suspect a certain Mr M Verstappen might soon be on the phone with RB HQ about a pay rise.

2 Likes

$100, I spent more than that on lunch the other day.:grin:

3 Likes

You rich kids😂

1 Like

It’s been edited now, so no I didn’t spend $100m on lunch. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Edit to add the m you wanted :grinning:

BTW, if you spend that much on lunch, you can definitely afford a 300 series system :wink:

1 Like

I wonder what Hifi Lewis has

Seems like a decent list of options. Missing Mick (current reserve) and Checo off the list.

• Carlos needs to be a No1 somewhere and could manage that alongside George. It could get messy, but potentially a good chance to show his quality.
  • Fernando is great and would make a good one year stopgap before Antonelli is ready. Can’t see it happening though.
  • Alex is a thoroughly nice chap (perhaps to a fault) and would do well against George. I’d like to see that battle.
  • Ocon clashes with everyone. He’s heading down the grid not up IMO.
  • Many think Antonelli could be the next Lewis. I’ve no doubt that he was the reason Toto wouldn’t go long on Lewis’ latest contract.

Probably not with Radio 3 on it though…

1 Like

Haha!

It’s Alex Albon, there is no better or more suitable candidate.

They won’t want a rookie. Alex is experienced and rated. Williams have Merc connections. Alex is George’s mate. Carlos is not viewed as a safe pair of hands. Ocon same. Checo is too old. Alonso? Not a chance.

1 Like

I’d love that although I think Toto will be wary of blocking Antonelli. If he wins F2 this year I think he’s a lock for the seat.

Actually, what am I saying?! Toto loves to season his drivers. Albon to Merc, Antonelli to Williams!

1 Like

Imagine replacing the guy who got your only win against Red Bull in 2023 with a guy at the end of his career at double the salary of the world champion. Either rumour mill nonsense or total business spin. Time will tell.

4 Likes

$100m to get the best driver pairing since Senna/Prost? Worth it!

1 Like

A guy who is good and yet drives his Ferarri into walls when under pressure and another guy who has not scored a win in two years. Let’s hope that is all the car’s fault. If so I’ll apologize.

3 Likes