F1 - 2024 Season

All I know is I’m jacked to the tits for F1 2025!

3 Likes

I’ve just watched a stream where Peter Windsor indicated Red Bull have offered Albon a 3 yr deal for '25. The rumour mill is spinning hard! Can’t see it personally. I’d imagine Alex has PTSD after his last stint alongside Max

I was thinking of what I said and it does not reflect what I really think of the two drivers. It was purely relating to suddenly paying someone double the current maximum salary and what that means for others on the grid and morale.

Also that before hailing the combo as one of the best ever let’s see how it goes first.

I actually have great respect for both drivers and am as excited as anyone about seeing what is going to happen.

With the changes for 2025, I feel that this may affect motivation for the 2024 season.

Carlos Sainz, knowing that he’s going to be moved on is not exactly a good start for him for the season.

Likewise, will Mercedes now be concentrating on George Russell, knowing that Lewis Hamilton is now not committed to them.

Should make some interesting dynamics as the season gets underway.

DG….

2 Likes

I suspect Carlos will be out to impress potential employers which will motivate him.
I think Merc would be happy for Lewis to leave with his 8th Championship and then for George to win going on forward. But RB with Max at the wheel must be the hot favourite for this season. Next season hopefully it will be closer. In 26 who knows who will get the best interpretation of the new reg, fingers are crossed there will be a few teams this time not just one.

2 Likes

Agree. Probably Albon. Antonelli could be a left field

Remember Verstappen keeps threatening to walk away and he might actually do that. Not immediately but get the feeling after 4/5 titles he might just do it. Until then nobody wants to be his sidekick!

Such a quiet off-season

Nowhere it is mentioned what the allegations are and Red Bull has immediately appointed an external investigator. Sounds like they doing the right thing at the moment.

Absolutely. Although it has the potential to be a distraction at least.

1 Like

Yeah, let’s see what comes out of it.

I really appreciate how F1 teams, in general, handle things like this. That is one things that other companies can learn from.

Why are these things put out there at this stage though?

Assuming he’s innocent of anything for the moment, which he is until proven otherwise, he’ll already be found guilty by way of an accusation having been made in many people’s eyes.

And if/when he is found to have done nothing wrong, you can bet that won’t get the same volume of media coverage.

6 Likes

Yep, where there’s smoke there’s fire. I think he’s guilty. :grin:

Like you I believe these things should be investigated then made public but the press (and the public) love a good rumour.

Such are the perils of playing the Spice Girls over the office p.a, the staff will complain of inhuman treatment.

3 Likes

Tbf, if I was married to Geri I’d not be shy in putting her front and centre…

1 Like

It’s pretty much normal these days when allegations are raised to issue some sort of public statement.
If you think the alleged perpetrator is guilty this is called transparency, if you think they are innocent it’s a politically inspired witch-hunt… :thinking:

1 Like

It will be bizarre if Horner gets canned for inappropriate behavior before Marko. Any bets on what he’s allegedly done?

Until its announced, I’m going to assume he chinned Newey after being told he’s off to Ferrari. :joy:

edit:
I can see it now…

Horner fired for… something
Newey to Ferrari
Guenther to RBR
Max to Mercedes

:crazy_face:

So fags are banned in F1 but a team named after and branded with a gambling firm is OK it seems. Yet I bet the drivers and team members are banned from gambling by various regs. Looks horrible as well. Hope they get nil points this season.

3 Likes

Blimey, that would be a pot among a number of F1 kettles, shurely…?

1 Like

In the good old days Bernie would have smoothed it over😉

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like