F1 - 2024 Season

Nothing like a sharpened pitchfork. I think I will maybe need one this weekend with the anticipated traffic as I only live just up the road from Silverstone.

Tim

2 Likes

I’m not far from Silverstone either, will have a constant stream of helicopters flying overhead.

DG…

2 Likes
1 Like

As much as I love DR think he’s going to make way for Liam Lawson. It’s a bit of a pity as there’s a few other drivers who probably shouldn’t consider their future as well.

Er, he did punch/push Occon in Brazil after they came together.

Let’s not exaggerate. He shoved him, not stellar behaviour, but nothing worth mentioning when compared to Hunt’s antics.

It’s still a physical assault, and long enough after the event to calm down and think. Now Russel smacking Bottas while he was still in the car after a big collision he (Russell) caused. I lost a lot of respect for Russell after that.

Agreed, I like Lando but Russell’s a struggle for me.

As I posted earlier.
Arguing over who may or may not be better, is not my style. I just don’t care who anyone else’s favs are or aren’t.

2 Likes

Ditto, I can’t get past the posh public schoolboy persona of George. Undoubtedly Lando had a similar upbringing but he comes across as far more relatable.

I’m not sure what my problem is, but I guess he always comes across a bit smug, he might be a great bloke for all I know.

I secretly was hoping his engine would blown up and he gifted the race to Oscar. :grin:

2 Likes

As expected, hatchet already buried:

https://www.msn.com/en-za/news/other/lando-norris-backtracks-on-max-verstappen-apology-demand-after-austria-clash/ar-BB1ppoJU

I’m trying to remember. Has anyone actually overtaken Max without one of both ending up off the track or in the wall?

Probably not for a while.

Lando in the Sprint Race, Austria. :wink:

Ok, in a GP, nobody takes much risk in a sprint.

They’ve gotta catch him first!

3 Likes

My opinion is exactly the opposite of yours: for me Senna was the greatest of all the drivers you mentioned, then Hunt… is it a joke? But diversity of opinion is the spice of discussion, so that’s okay!

Precisely. I dislike Senna, I don’t dislike his fans.

1 Like

Of course, some/many cheered but that does not mean none booed just like Verstappen now.

Leclerc has overtaken Verstappen successfully, but not this year though.