F1 - 2024 Season

No one has been able to overtake him for a while, mainly because he was so far in front no one could catch him.

Last to overtake; Lando in Miami, Sainz in Singapore last year, Perez at the start of 2023, I’ve excluded overtakes due to car failures. I may have missed someone.

This is not punching.

Ocon himself is no angel either.

Lando’s parents did a far better job oh him than say, Stroll. Both come from a privileged household.

I love both Senna and Hunt for their passion.

2 Likes

As I said above, still a physical assault

F1 is a sport, there is a huge amount of emotion running through these drivers before, during and after the race, and like any other sport these emotions can sometimes boil over.

I am struggling to think of one sport where you are competing against an opponent either singularly or teamed where tempers are not lost.

Don’t get me started on all the fights that have happened in football.

1 Like

From Verstappen:

Asked about the criticism over recent days, Verstappen said: “I don’t give a **** about that. I go home, I live my life. And the only thing that I care about is just my relationship to Lando.”

I can appreciate this.

3 Likes

Many think of Cavendish as a true gent these days, but he was more aggressive as all F1 drivers together.

1 Like

Just no…

FP3 at a very wet Silvertone has an all brit top 3, Russell, Hamiliton & Norris. A rare event indeed.

It looks like it might be showers for quallifying and for Sunday the race weather is forecast to be showers, maybe some thunder.

Must be summer :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Yes indeed, high summer in UK, pi**ing rain, todays max is 15’c, tomorrow (race day) is 17’c

As it happens I’ve was talking just now to one of my buddies in South Africa
… its mid winter, full sun & 23’c

4 Likes

He should see a doctor…

3 Likes

Saw the start of Horner’s interview at the end of 3rd practice, he said it was 11.3 degrees on the pit wall this morning.

Seems bizarre that its early July and winter coats are still being worn here in the UK, does this mean that we have had summer or it is still to come, I’m getting confused.

Still the weather is making qualifying interesting.

By the end of the month we’ll be suffering a record breaking heat wave, then in august they will declare an official drought & hosepipe ban.

2 Likes

Haha, yep that just about sums it up perfectly.

If anyone is going to Silverstone it would be great if they could post a few photos. :sunglasses:

1 Like

If I hear the commentators say 3 British drive on the first 3 places once more I’m muting them. :grin:

8 Likes

1 -2 -3 :sunglasses:

1 Like

8 out of 10 cars using Mercedes power units.:sunglasses: