F1 - 2024 Season

Very happy for Lewis, he deserved it! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Great race. Bad luck George but great to see LH win Silverstone once again.

4 Likes

Merc two wins on the bounce…

1 Like

Lando proper wears his heart on his sleeve doesn’t he…If you’d offered him a podium at the British GP 18 months ago…!

A really good GP. LH hasn’t lost it, give him a competitive car he delivers.
Alex A also got two points for 9th, another great drive from him.
Maclaren was in a catch-22 situation with Oscar, either choice would be the wrong one. Russell’s car issue was cruel luck but last week he got lucky so it balances out.
Wondering if we can insist that all GPs have a bit of rain mid-distance.

Well that was interesting, should we make a couple of rain showers mandatory at all GP’s?

McLaren gave the race away IMHO, get Piastri to drop off and hold behind Norris and they could have stacked at the first stops. Yes Piastri would have lost a bit of time but not the 20 seconds he did.

Hard tyres on Norris for the last stint would at least have kept in second and maybe given him chance to push Lewis.

Good patient drive by Verstappen, got his reward when his car clearly wasn’t on the pace today.

Mercedes, two wins back to back, good to have them back and making life difficult for Red Bull.

Congrats to Lewis, he drove well today.

Congrats to my team Williams who had Alex Albion pick up much needed points today.

What happened to Ferrari?

2 Likes

LH’s words expressed just how crushing the events at Abu Dhabi really were & the very long hug with his dad said much more than words ever could.

Reinforces my view of what a great driver he is & what a great sportsman he has grown into over the years.

Congratulations Lewis.

1 Like

Norris and McLaren divorcing?

Listening to Lando in the press pen and he is so bitter about today’s result and what he and the team did.

Wow!

What with Cavendish in the Tour de France and now Lewis winning the British GP, amazing, emotional week in British sport.

1 Like

No, McLaren proved today, in all track conditions, that they have two drivers who are the real deal together with a car that is as well.

Having been also rans for so many years they just need a little longer to polish the few rough edges to become the power they were in the Senna/Prost era & in the earlier part of this century.

If RB/Mercedes maintain their high standards, F1 will get a whole lot more interesting with the Woking team back in the top three with, at present, very little between the three teams.

Didn’t we win a football match as well?

MV could do with a few PR lessons.

Whether they mean it or not, Lewis & many other drivers always congratulate the winner in post race interviews.

In two televised interviews Max has not uttered a word about Lewis . It’s sport, not war. A brief ‘well done’ surely wouldn’t hurt & would gain him more respect.

1 Like

Well so far we’re 4th, so that doesn’t count in my book, not until we win :trophy:

When you support the team I do, any win is to be celebrated!

1 Like

If this is aimed at me please re-read my post. I think Max is a very fine driver who will go on to become one of the greats. There was no criticism of his performance today what so ever.

He just needs to brush up his PR to reinforce his greats status.

Edit - Original post seems to have gone. Perhaps posters did read my post again & realise that there was no criticism of his driving ability at all.

I deleted my post as I thought it did not add tot the discussion before I saw you responded.

Fair enough, just see this as a moment to celebrate what happened rather than what was or wasn’t said in an interview.

Max is a sportsman, not a PR guy. On the podium he was celebrating Lewis well enough.

1 Like

It’s great to see some proper racing again. Five drivers could have won. Shame the regulations are going to change again at the end of next season.

2 Likes

& it looks as if this won’t be a one off the way things are going.

Saw this and had to share.

8 Likes

We can only continue wondering