F1 - 2024 Season

First 1-2 since 2012. Good luck to them!:sunglasses:

1 Like

He is clearly driving with too much fibbertigibbetness.

1 Like

Bittersweet there’s a couple of drivers that really need take a good at themselves.

2 Likes

Hmmm…And no Lando/Oscar bias here, would they have done that on the last race of the season and the 1st/2nd points difference meant winning or losing the driver championship for one of them? I don’t think so. I hope McLaren don’t come to regret this.

Personally I think Lando did it right, made his point very publicly and then let the 6 second lead go on the main straight. The afters for the rest of the season would have been tricky otherwise.

But this is the issue I’ve pointed out before, the drivers at McLaren, Ferrari and Merc are taking points off each other, which means Max stays well out in front despite making a tit of himself.

4 Likes

I did wonder if McLaren were going to put Lando’s dad on the phone at one point…

4 Likes

Let’s see if this win boosts Piastri’s performance and there will be more to come. If that is the case then this was a good call from the team. However, on the other hand if this remain his only one then it’s only a wasted gift. It will be interesting to see…

(as a side note: Häkkinen was given his first victory in 1997 and he became double WC following years)

2 Likes

I believe it was Monza 2021

Just seen post race interview with Max. ‘Plus ca change’ and all that…

In any other biz if one employee spoke like that to another many times over, they’d be on disciplinary at least.

Can’t see him making it on Strictly…

2 Likes

I was referring to qualifying!

1 Like

Agreed!

And yes, that position swap is a pure slapstick. Hamilton wasn’t a threat really for Macs, why all the drama… Or they will do that every race now when the car will be dominant…

McLaren need to think about the fact that Norris could still possibly beat that entitled idiot Verstappen in the Driver’s Championship this year if they stop farting about and favouring the driver with fewer championship points.

1 Like

It’s clear they place most value on constructor title. As most of them do, which is odd because perennially fans care most about the drivers champ.

Maybe, but today they could have got the best outcome for both by leaving Norris to win. But they decided not to. Weird.

2 Likes

Maclaren has totally effed up. They have gone down in my estimation.

Piastri might or might not have won if Maclaren hadn’t made an unfathomably stupid call to bring Lando in. Lando though appeared the faster driver today and it remains unknown whether he could have overtaken Piastri. Lando is the only person who comes out of this with any credit. Pleased for Piastri as he has been knocking on the win door for a bit. But if Lando loses the championship by 5 points, then Maclaren will rue today’s farcical race management.

2 Likes

I believe that the Mac drivers followed a prearranged protocol/agreement. Piastri forego his entitlement, as leader, to pit first. The team pitted Norris first as the team wanted to protect Norris from MV and LH. Even though Lando was now on the better strategy the team and drivers were under an obligation to conform with the agreements. I think they were correct to follow the agreement as moving forward all plans would be meaningless. Difficult for the team.
Clearly, many/some drivers would have ignored the order. MV comes to mind.

1 Like

I can think of a few more than that…

Multi 21!

It seems to be an Aussie thing!

What winning? :grin:

1 Like

Have to say we got to see (hear) a side of Lando that wasn’t very sportsmanlike. OP has been a very compliant and on the wrong end of a few calls that went Landos way. He just came across as a prat.

As for Max he blames everyone other than the nut behind the steering wheel, don’t know how someone hasn’t clocked him.

1 Like