F1 - 2024 Season

I agree. A driver’s championship is a distant possibility at the moment. A constructor’s championship is a realistic aim and having two drivers fighting for wins and taking points off each other won’t stop them from achieving this. Constantly reminding the drivers not to drive into each other is the priority here and I think Oscar needs to be reminded of this. His pass of Lando was a brilliant overtake but I think the risk of fighting with your teammate was too high here. Whilst this time they avoided contact, it likely allowed Leclerc to grab a win, turning an outside chance into a well-deserved win.

2 Likes

McLaren need to be very careful with Norris and Piastri - y’day Piastri got away with it but next time round Norris will be highly motivated to hold station and there is an increasing possibility they both take each other out. Zac Brown’s comments after were more than a little ambiguous about directives to drivers - hopefully that was just for the cameras as he really needs to get a grip!

Peter

2 Likes

As a fan I want to see them race, but I understand that for the team it’s different.

But with those two it’s a difficult balancing act for the team as at the moment Norris is their best bet, but as Piastri’s potential is greater they’ll want to keep him happy as well. Perhaps letting them race but keep stressing to keep it clean is safest, especially as a drivers championship is so remote.

Question of Sky Italia to the McLaren drivers, pre race:

What are your expectations for the race?

Answers:

Norris: “We would like a McLaren one two.”

Piastri: “I want to win!”

I think it says a lot.

1 Like

What he wants to win, can’t see that’s an issue. I also can’t believe he’s team would be worried about that either.

Of course that is not an issue. I just find the stance of Oscar Piastri more champion like.

Lando has to work with his psychiatrist.

2 Likes

Sorry I thought you were having a shot at Oscar.

I like Norris but I sometimes think he lacks concentration.

He’s so little I don’t think he could be more concentrated!

4 Likes

That’s compressed

In order to keep the conversation going, I am posting a picture I took in Jerez in 1988.

8 Likes

Nice. Prost or Senna followed by Berger. Not sure who’s coming out of pits…Possibly Benetton of Boutsen or Nanini?

Silverstone 2022.

3 Likes

One of these three but I am not sure.

1 Like

Makes you realise just how big the current cars are.

Many things are very different from 1988.

5 Likes

why not he is 65. and well off.

lance is still better than Logan

his dad has hopes he will a a champion one day.

A high bar indeed. :grinning:

1 Like

Adrian Newey given Aston Martin shares in mutimillion-pound switch deal

Max to replace Alonso then…

2 Likes