F1 - 2024 Season

Nahhhhhh, if Max replaces anyone at Aston Martin it will be Lance Stroll.
Money, shares or whatever, i can’t see Newey going to Aston unless Alonso is there as a driver.
It’s well known how much regard they have for each other.

Doubt it. Blood is thicker than water.

1 Like

As Alonso is coming to the end of his career, I don’t see the benefit of Newey going to Aston other than money.

My stab in the dark is a major role at Williams working with two drivers who have the ability to deliver results.

Be interested to see whether Aston can join the top tier again after promising start to last season. But, yes Alonso can’t go on for ever and stroll is , well, Stroll

I think you’ll find it is Aston!

He was off to Ferrari allegedly but something put him off (though Ferrari say they knocked him back). I suspect he just couldn’t be arsed.

The one thing I’ve learnt with F1 is expect the unexpected.

So how about - Newey to Sauber and heading up Audi’s entry into F1?

“Lance Stroll, you are a Formula One race winner!”

You can design the best F1 car in the world and give it to most F1 drivers and they would probably get a win or two in it, but you jest if you believe that Mr Stroll Jnr could win.

1 Like

Didn’t Maldonado win one race :grinning:

2 Likes

Spanish GP if memory serves correctly

Yep, 2012 Spanish GP (the latest win for Williams)

Fernando and Kimi look Really happy to be there…

1 Like

And are both likely thinking WTF just happened?

As I recall, shortly after this pic was taken, the Williams’ pit burst into flames.

1 Like

Yeah and 2026 will mostly be exploring and experimenting on the new car so I do not expect anything earth shattering event to happen.
That said it will be interesting to find out! :grin:

And I note Alonso’s contract runs to 2026!

Alonso retiring as WDC followed by Checo returning to his old team and winning WDC for the next 5 seasons

This one could be on the “Best joke” section…

7 Likes

And here’s the AI “feminization” of the pilots…

1 Like

Creepy.