F1 - 2024 Season

But can you imagine if the Merc outperforms the Ferarri this year! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I’m genuinely looking forward to testing next week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If Mercedes have produced an 8th Championship winning car for Lewis then he will leave at the end of the season for a final large payday at Ferrari & probably won’t be over concerned how competitive they are & possibly retiring after a single season.

If Mercedes are no better than the past couple of seasons then he will depart possibly to give it his all for a couple of seasons in pursuit of the elusive 8th title.

I suspect that a further title is more important to him than a further £50m.

It seems to me that his move to Maranello is not as inexplicable as I first thought it was.

Since the F1 season has not started yet I share a snapshot of real motor sports :wink:

Almost 200 km/h, in the dark, on the snow and trees both sides of the road.

2 Likes

Made me laugh. Great humour.

9 Likes

Haha!

I remember some of these exchanges when I saw them live on TV, making me feel very old.

1 Like

So, do the “real cars” come out on tomorrow’s testing or do they still hide some things until the first Grand Prix?

Good question. Was it two years ago Merc showed one car at the launch, another in testing and then another at the first race? They are still wiping egg off their…

1 Like

Agree. Great humour and personalities. JYS & Clark were heroes of mine and Hill was underrated. You don’t win Monaco five times without being a great driver.

3 Likes

Agree. Winning it six times - five of them in a roll- must make Senna the GOAT then.

3 Likes

Bread or sausage? I’d have thought a car would be easier (sorry not sorry :joy:)

1 Like

I would agree with that, but with the caveat that the track favours great qualifiers over great racers.

So I would not necessarily use wins in Monaco as a metric to compare drivers abilities.

Not quite so much in Hill’s time.

The cars were tiny then compared to today’s versions. Overtaking, even at Monaco, was a lot easier.

For reasons unknown to me, the fastest lap was almost always set in the race itself, not in practice.

3 Likes

Don’t give up your daytime job, son!:sunglasses:

I won’t :blush:

1 Like

We may find out tomorrow.

…aaaaand it looks like the reveal car. Interesting.

Ted has had time to have a good look at those new sidepods now, they look very similar to the Mercs skinny pods from 2 years ago. Maybe Adrian Newey thinks he’s found a way to make them work. Time will tell.

2 Likes

There is another intake at the top of the side pod as well that was not clear in the reveal.