Feature request thread

I would like to be able to perform balance control using the app for my SN3 from the comfort of my couch!

1 Like

Another request for enhanced screen functionality, its hugely under utilised. For starters a simple latching toggle on the existing remote screen button to select 1. Album Art. 2. Track info. 3. Off. Even if the existing setup latched and remained on each setting would be a help. Also, in track info mode the text can run off the screen and is illegible. The overall real estate of the screen is under-utilised and could be exploited further, I like having the screen but it’s frustrating in its current form.

5 Likes

For the Atom.

1. Sleep timer.
  2. Wake you up timer.
  3. Ability to turn off proximity sensor.
  4. BBC Sounds “app built in” as per Qobuz, Spotify and Tidal.
6 Likes

For Muso QB Mk1

1. Sleep timer
1 Like

It’s official, you ask, you may get!

1 Like

I would welcome some attention to the legibility of the small typeface used in the iOS version of the app in contrast to the Android version. Comparing phones of similar screen size the Android app shows fewer albums in list view with larger artwork images and type size. The iOS app shows more albums and with very small associated type face which is at the limit of legibility for me, aged 76, even when using recently prescribed reading glasses.

1 Like

I miss:

3 Likes

Should probably be moved to the existing feature request thread which is monitored by Naim

@Richard.Dane can move it

1 Like

Thank you @Richard.Dane :+1:

One of the few things that keeps really irritating me in the Naim app, and I assume more people, is the fact the that I have to first scroll down and select More to see all the albums and be able to search within the albums. Please let me know your thoughts.

2 Likes

Indeed, sort as well. It’s also easy to miss the More because you have to scroll for it, and then mistakenly believe that there is no search nor sort option.

Can we have the Qobuz liner notes available in the naim app?

2 Likes

Is it possible to show track length in the queue? Here’s a screenshot when using Tidal in the Naim app.

I would like this, because track lengths sort of help me to get a feeling of the artists’ intent if I am unfamiliar with an album.

1 Like

I will repeat myself (well I have been repeating myself since I bought my Star in 2018) but for me there 2 most important things:

For me there are 2 things:

• Allow users to choose the ‘now playing’ screen. Currently the screen goes automatically to displaying full screen art-covers. Its fine, but when playing songs at random or when listening to iradio it would be good to check who am I listening to without waving in front of the screen, pressing buttons, or starting the Naim app etc. A simple 3 stage choice would be good to have: 1 - artwork only as it is now, 2 - detailed information with a small cover art and information about song, artists etc, 3 - screen off. Simply, I would.like to be in charge what I can see on the screen.

• Some fonts are too small. There is so much wasted space on the screen and the pictograms are so big compared to the text. The text when playing from DAB+ input is ridiculously small. I am a guy in 50 so my eyesight is not as it used to be so to be able to read anything, I need to be max 20cm from it. Again, a simple user selected font sizes would be very beneficial for many, I guess. Some of the text is not logical: for examle on DAB screen the ‘DAB’ word is so large comparing to a more important information such as the radio station name or the information text. Also, there is so much empty space - so much not utilised parea of the screen. It is a great shame that such lovely displays are so wasted. I just hope that sooner than later the display will be able to provide good supporting information about album/artists/songs which will be readable from a distance as well as user will be able to have influcence on what he/she wants to see on it.

As a secondary I would personally really welcome a sort of a web access as this would enable access to the Uniti via Windows for example.
Obviously an access to music without an app would be great (as it was for the original Uniti products)

5 Likes

Not sure what other think here but I find it a little frustrating that when I move from a playlist with shuffle and loop selected it remains in place for what’s chosen next, an LP for instance that I want played in the correct order. I’d prefer for the feature to not be sticky.

5 Likes

Agreed. A setting that lets you set a shuffle default to ‘on’ ‘off’ or ‘last setting’ would cover most people’s needs

What about integrating Deezer like Qobuz or Tidal ?

2 Likes

Has anyone mentioned having a highlighted mute button when it’s pressed on? There doesn’t seem to be any indication to tell the user if the mute is on.