Firmware 3.5

I have a few annoying issues with my Atom. They told me 1 week until release. But that was 4 weeks ago. So it’s obviously taking longer than planned.

My dealer in California has no info when the v3.5 will be released, however, the new firmware should fix screen issues, among other bug fixes; and NAIM says, just be patient. They indicate they want it perfect before they release it.

That should always be the goal when releasing new software. Unfortunately that is only rarely the case. Hence we are on firmware 3.5 already. :yum:

1 Like

3.5 release?

Any news on this update? The 2-3 weeks have passed by now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

When it’s ready for release you’ll hear it here first.

what would 3.5 fix or what new function should be in there?

Will we finaly have functions which are available on Android/IOS app also directly on device (like Qobuz - Spotify only now, uPNP/DLNA server access , internet radio stations-vtuner not working) ? Current menu on device is really primitive and unfunctional (more and less only on/off and volume -/+ are usable) and not everybody from us older guys like to use phone just to change music channel. Hope 3.5 will be step forward in this direction…

Error Code 311, what does that mean?

I have had my Naim-system turned off for approximately two weeks.

This evening it was finally time to start up the system again for some music listening.

My ND555 seems to start up as usual in the beginning. After some time “updating” shows up on the display. I guess that new SW will be downloaded… However, after a few seconds, the display instead shows the message “Error Code 311” and nothing more happens.

I would guess that there are something wrong with the SW download to my streamer? Have anyone else seen this and how do I get my streamer to work again?

I will contact my dealer tomorrow but I was wondering if I could get faster information here on the well-informed forum

/Marcus

First try powering off the streamer and restarting and updating again. If that doesn’t work, power off and unplug the power supply for a few minutes then power everything up again.

Thanks!

I have tried to power down the 555PS and restart the streamer but the same error code appears again.

Now I will try (as you suggest) to power down and disconnect the two Burndy cables from the back of the ND555 for a few minutes. Let’s see if that works…

I think, just unplug the 555PS from the wall after turning the streamer off?

It worked :smile:

Thank you very much :+1:

2 Likes

Excellent, may the music begin!

1 Like

I had the speaker pop issue with my Nova and just realised there is a firmware fix for it - v3.5. How do people get informed of updates? I did check a couple of weeks ago and saw no firmware update. Also, the v3.5 update isn’t easy to find. If I went to firmware update page, it still only mentions about v3.4. Is v3.5.0 is beta release? Thank God all appears to be good now. But appreciate advice to avoid this problem in the future. It sounded like phantom power surge which isn’t good for speakers esp the tweeter. Thanks.

It was announced on Naim’s social media channels and of course, here on this forum.

Here’s the post:

As Richard says. And you should also see that an update is available in the Naim app. In the Rooms page of the app, an icon of an arrow pointing down to a line next to a streamer name means there is an update available and on the home page for the streamer you should also see the same icon near the top of the page. You can also use “check for updates” in settings for the streamer in the app.

If you are looking for an update that you know is available but it isn’t showing in any of the above, then restarting the streamer and/or restarting the Naim app often flushes it out.

Best

David

1 Like

Thanks heaps David, that’s how I found it looking for update. So glad the firmware works and doesn’t feel like SQ has dropped as a result. I did check updates a couple of weeks ago but so scared of damaging the speakers I haven’t listened much until today trying to reproduce the problem and find the root cause, and gladly realised it is a known issue. Don’t know others’ preferences, I don’t use the naim app as the media player.

Thank you again!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.