Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Do you have an RMA number? I could check for you.

I’ve not encountered it. Would suggest a power cycle (unplug your Nova, leave for 30 minutes then reconnect) just for good housekeeping; failing that a Factory Reset.

1 Like

Ah, okay. I’ve done a few power cycles, but will persevere, I’m sure I read a few posts about people losing the volume display etc with the new Firmware and mention of another Firmware upgrade, but I must be confused with something else. Cheers.

If you’ve already power-cycled, i’d go for Factory Reset.
I’d also ensure you’re on Firmware 3.7.1, and that you’re running the latest version of the Naim App - 5.22.2 for Apple iOS; 2.22.3 for Android.

1 Like

Ah, I see now, there is a 3.7.1 that I seem to have missed…… this was the update I thought was coming, I didn’t see an announcement about it?

1 Like

If you search for Volume and Display there are quite many such posts, but I thought this was supposed to be fixed by one of the updates since, though haven’t read in detail and am not sure

1 Like

…from the Tidal Connect thread

ah well

That’s not good Jim especially after Naims latest firmware release bricked your ND5XS2!!!

Happening right now. Played Counting Crows this morning, started playing Coltrane now. It looks like this:

Widget:

The timer does nothing, it indicates 1:32 and just stays there. After the first song ends, it freezes. After which I start the album from song two by pressing it on the playlist and everything works fine after that.

Thanks @RexManning

1 Like

I’ve caught the similar issue. After the first song the ui does not react to my touches.
Both naim and Tidal are unable to handle anything(volume, source, play, pause, etc). The only feature that works in the Naim app is Standby.
However, Spotify always work fine. Before 3.7.1 it helped to kill app several times. After 3.7.1 I decided to use Spotify if possible and abandoned my Tidal subscription.

Must be problem with new firewal. After last update Tidal is freezing often (on Atom). I reboot few time in lasta days, something wrong with new update, for shure.

Are you running the latest version of the Naim App? (Android 2.22.3; Apple iOS 5.22.2

Yes, 2.22.3.
Last year Atom worked like swiss watch, but after last update I reboot him 4 time at list. I must to try to unplag from electrity for one hour, maybe thet helps?

I would suggest the following:

Unplug your Atom for 30 minutes
While it is unplugged from mains, reboot your router and power down/back up your phone/tablet running the Naim App.
Once your network and decides are fully back up and running, and the Atom has been unplugged for at least 30 minutes, reconnect it.

Let us know how you get on.

1 Like

when is the next firmware update coming out? I was told by naim support it will fix the issue with random play not working on playlists. If it doesnt fix it this time im going to have to sell this and go to a product that actually works the way it should.

1 Like

Your issue is the Asset Jukebox tracks selection still? If it’s the only issue, I don’t understand that it can have such importance that you are ready to buy another streamer from other brand.
Maybe then a proper jukebox would be the best to have in your case.

Nothing , now I cant sent Atom in standby mode, or I get mesages- Strimer not responding!

Wow.

My ND5XS2 is back.

The whole system has come alive again, better than ever.

Thank you to everyone at Naim. :smiley:

5 Likes