Firmware update v. 3.7.0

I choose what is important to me and you choose what is important to you. The fact is that option worked absolutely fine until Naim broke it with the update. Its not just asset server, its any server doesnt work with it anymore and thats how i do the majority of my listening so id prefer something to actually work the way it should and did.

Have you contacted Naim support?

I’ve had the same, and have definitely noticed the app is less stable than before. I’ve had three times now in past 24 hrs Tidal crashing mid song and the streamer being locked out. I then have to go through the palaver of cycling through inputs on the NDX, and force stopping the app. Never had Tidal crashing like that up until the update. Much as I love Naim products, the app interface is flaky and seems more responsive but crashes a lot more post update.

Following advice from others I also completed a factory reset.

After the firmware update the 3d soundstage collapsed - plenty of width as usual, but no depth and a more forward presentation. I was concerned as I was beginning to think I’d fubared by doing the update.
Power off (unplugged) overnight was not enough to restore sound quality.

Factory reset isn’t too bad, quick set up, then put your Preset’s back.
Note I had to press and hold the power button for 2-3s to get the unit to power on from standby following the reset.
I don’t know what effect it has on playlists, suspect they get hosed.

Sorry it doesn’t work. I hope there will be a new firmwire soon.

Really unpleasant this latency to listen to these titles.

You should report to Naim support. They will help.

Hi @MrRoy

I’ve been following your messages. Send me an email on steve.harris(at)naimaudio.com as would like to get to the bottom of this one.

In v3.7 we integrated very latest Spotify Connect and did a full platform range Spotify lab recertification to verify its good, but that doesn’t mean there are issues to track down. Spotify have implemented a lot of new tech for Spotify features coming out shortly…. :sunglasses:

Thanks for your patience on this matter - we’ll aim to get this sorted either on our side or Spotifys.

Regards

Steve Harris
Software Director
Naim Audio Ltd.

2 Likes

Email done, I appreciate. Thx.

Since 3.7.1 my Nova switches off every 20 mins (which idle standby is set to), despite internet radio playing. It’s weird: it’s like the unit doesn’t think it’s doing anything, when it actually is. Anyone else have this?

Is it safe to upgrade to this version yet? I’m still on 3.6. Or should I wait if there’s a newer version coming out soon?

I believe you are using Tidal, correct? If yes you probably have to update because some time in the next weeks the old Tidal login method in the Naim app will stop working. (and possibly Tidal Connect as well, I don’t know)

There were posts about issues, but if I recall correctly not many that weren’t possibly network related and could be fixed by restarting everything. In some cases a factory reset was necessary, but it appears to be individual machines.

If you play music from USB drives, file names with & characters stopped playing, Naim is working on a fix it seems. But doesn’t seem to affect UPnP, only USB directly connected to streamer

Other than that, there was the odd possibly wonky machine as far as I recall and no big systematic issues.

Of course now you will find a new one after updating and will hate me for it

1 Like

As for me, I won’t update to the 3.7.x

The ND555 with the v.3.6 sounds glorious :star_struck: :notes: :musical_note: :notes:

I’ve only occasional random reboots. Which is fine.

Don’t want to add any additional problem.

I’ll wait for a more polished release.

Woah.

As the new NP800 streaming board in my ND5XS2 runs in, the system reaches new heights, allowing me to hear for the first time what the NAP135s do with the 252 and SL2s.

It’s amazing!

1 Like

Stay right now with 3.6…it sound in my system better than 3.7

Yes 40% Tidal 60% Upnp.

Oh crap. So I’m going to be forced to do it. :frowning_face:

FYI there is a Firmware 3.8 release on its way later this month before the TIDAL cutoff date, so you could wait for that one .

But I really wouldn’t let the experience of a handful of Forum users put you off - vast majority of users have no issues. (I had zero problems and my Nova and ND555 behaving flawlessly.)

2 Likes

ND555 function is good no complaints after getting 3.7.1 but I’m not so happy with 3.7.1 over 3.6 in terms of sound…i hope the new firmware 3.8 will bring back at least the sound i had before.

1 Like

Have you rebooted your ND555 since the firmware update? ND555 sounding flawless here at moment.

Yes I did

Dont update, 3.6. is very good and stabile, I regret with new update, striming with Tidal is now nightmore. Waiting for new version I hope soon…