Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Not for me, or at least i didn’t noticed.

1 Like

I have seen a few playlist issues reported but I am not sure if this is one. However, in case this is helpful, in my case, all of my local server (Core) playlists disappeared after each of the recent app updates; none showing in the app for the NDX2, Nova or Core itself. The Qobuz playlists in the app remained intact.

I found that creating a new playlist, even with a single track, was sufficient for all the old playlists to reappear.

Updated to 3.7.1 on my Nova without any issues. No bugs that I’m aware of yet.

No change for me

I still have “radius interruptus”, “page could not be loaded” on the 1st cover, and some files are not played on USB

I updated my Nova to 3.7.0 then to 3.7.1. HDMI input still cannot work with my tv LG CX. It had beed working flawlessly at the beginning when I bought LG. After next Naim update started the problems with hdmi auto switching. Now HDMI in Nova is in fact useless. LG cannot see Nova and I cannot switch to it even manually.

This is really frustrating. I could imagine such problems few few-year old tv, but this last year model and as said, at the beginning everything was perfect and problems started after next updates from Naim.

Before that I experienced similar problems in HDMI connection between Nova and older Samsung tv, then I thought perhaps the tv was already out of date. But it seems that Naim cannot make it work also with new LG tv.

Of course optical input works but this is not as comfortable as hdmi…

Just an update to say, after deleting the old .m3u and re generating it we are all working again. Huge thanks for a pretty quick turnaround from Naim, hats off to you all and much obliged! (have deleted previous post as I hadn’t tried re-generating the playlist)

1 Like

Clare. I have been messaging on the other thread re update issues. My playlists have gone weird after the last update. Other users have the same problem. You have not responded to my query on the other thread. On my playlists after the last update most tracks will not play when I tap “play from this track” even though I have Random Play set but most tracks will play once when I tap ‘play this track’. It seems like the playlists have lost the ability to play at random, especially the tracks added recently . The query I asked you last week was whether your technical people reckon that their next update might fix this problem. I don’t wish to spend time deleting tracks on playlists if a future update will fix this issue back to how it played before the update. Thanks.

Paging @Naim.Marketing ….

Sorry @Roger49, I missed that one - I’ll ask software team this morning

Update on this - i’ve just tried this on both a Uniti Nova and ND 555, and playlists are working fine in both standard and random play format. This was tested with an Apple iPhone and iPad, running the latest version of the Naim App (5.22.2) - can I check which version of the Naim App you’re running (type and version number)?

See

How large are the playlists in question?

Clare. My iPad is running the 5.22.2 Naim App.

Hi Clare

This is probably a silly question, but is it possible to estimate how long it might be until my ND5XS2 makes it back into working order?

(It was sent to Naim for repair by Acoustica a few weeks ago).

Jim

My Nova display keeps losing the art and volume features. Is this a known bug with the new Firmware and is it getting fixed?

Do you have an RMA number? I could check for you.

I’ve not encountered it. Would suggest a power cycle (unplug your Nova, leave for 30 minutes then reconnect) just for good housekeeping; failing that a Factory Reset.

1 Like

Ah, okay. I’ve done a few power cycles, but will persevere, I’m sure I read a few posts about people losing the volume display etc with the new Firmware and mention of another Firmware upgrade, but I must be confused with something else. Cheers.

If you’ve already power-cycled, i’d go for Factory Reset.
I’d also ensure you’re on Firmware 3.7.1, and that you’re running the latest version of the Naim App - 5.22.2 for Apple iOS; 2.22.3 for Android.

1 Like

Ah, I see now, there is a 3.7.1 that I seem to have missed…… this was the update I thought was coming, I didn’t see an announcement about it?