Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Just not hearing that - at Naim or at home. Maybe there’s a caching issue?

I’d suggest this:
Do a full power-cycle of your ND555 (unplug from mains and leave around 30 minutes before you plug back in)
While your ND555 is unplugged, restart your router and power down/back up your control devices.
Once your router is back up and running, and your ND555 has had at least 30 minutes downtime, plug your Naim back in.

1 Like

Clare,
I did all you suggest - nothing change …
As I see here I am not the only one …

Interestingly I have found my ND555 too bright for my tastes of late. Does that coincide with the 3.71 upgrade? Maybe… I have gone so far as to remove the SL interconnect and put in a HiLine to tame it. It has worked to some extent and left me currently preferring the HiLine. 3.6 did sound sweet.

1 Like

Exactly words i feel

Thanks Clare …I’ll do it tomorrow

1 Like

Well Clare…I did full reboot as your request …I must admit it sound really good for the moment…but I will need more time around a week at least to listen if it`s stable……thanks for your help

2 Likes

I noticed it immediately when I upgraded from 3.6 and thought I was alone. I’m used to 3.7 now but 3.6 was superior in every respect on my system.

Even 3.7 for me was ok, its 3.71 I think thats brightened it all too much.

Agree

How’s your system sounding after the reboot?

1 Like

Thanx Clare…Better,hope the next few days will stay good and stable too.

1 Like

Any update on the 3.8 release Clare?

Many thanks,

Graeme

In late beta test - will be released by end of month, I’d predict.

3 Likes

Good news Clare…Naim isn’t sleeping,Naim is always taking care for his costumer’s.

1 Like

hey claire - any update on 3.8?

Almost there… next week, probably. Watch this space!

4 Likes

Only just jumped in on this thread and thought it was my imagination re brightness, but I can concur.

After full reboot It was better but still not as good as before 3.7.1 firmware update

Firmware 3.8 is out, but it does not appear on my NDX 2!!!

It literally got released at 11am - give the servers a chance to refresh, please :slight_smile:

It may take a few hours before everyone can see it in the App.

5 Likes