Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Still trouble with playlists

If I’m loading a server-playlist with 500 tracks (the previously limit) I can only play the first 100. The rest will not be selected in random mode or direct mode.

By the way: the new sound is great!

The factory reset didn’t work, so I’ll just see what Naim Support say next week.

The fact that the green Naim logo is mainly now off suggests something pretty serious has gone wrong.

Any plans for Qobuz Connect?

So sorry to hear that. I would suggest fully powering down and unplugging. Leave overnight and try again tomorrow if you have the time. I will update the support team and see if they can get into this first thing Monday.

1 Like

That would be up to Qobuz developing the technology, so is a question for them.

1 Like

Many thanks, Clare.
Will do.
Have a great weekend.
Jim

2 Likes

After listening with the update for a day or so, to my ear there is a slight improvement in definition and musicality in my system.

One minor point, after listening to one track on some rips (all ripped on a Star), artwork remains displayed on other tracks the screen returns either previous source or icon screen when the track ends. Not really an issue but it has piqued my curiosity as to why this happens.

Thanks Clare

I noticed the app has ‘connect’ as an option wandered if it’s the same
‘connect’ as Tidal

This one uses Chromecast:

1 Like

Yep, as shown, that is via Chromecast. A convenient option, but does not support gapless playback and is more processor-intensive; the native implementation in the Naim App is better optimized

1 Like

Paracetamol and some vitamin C, oh hang in there actually no….

Just worked out with my dinner guests how to plug the iPad into the 252 with a super long mini headph8ne to DIN cable….

So all is good

I haven’t received the update yet, this is normal?

AFAIK some countries can be a bit behind others but I would have thought it would be available pretty much everywhere by now. If you still haven’t received it by Monday I would contact Naim support.

In the meantime, the advice on the beta forum when someone is waiting for an update that isn’t appearing is to do a power off restart of the streamer and close and restart the app.

Best

David

1 Like

@tomvamos, @Naim.Marketing, finally a little disgusted with the new update: what should work works, and it sounds great; but…

Playlists do not work: before the update the lists saved on the server (NAS - Synology Audio Station) could be played with the limit of 500 tracks (499 more precisely); after the update the lists of more than 250 tracks do not work, when launching them only the first track is played, and the rest, although it seems to continue being part of the playlist, and in the interface of the Naim App is displayed, it can not be played…

I understand that most find the playlists somewhat useless, but it should also be considered that the minority who enjoy them and even listen to our music in this way, are also part of Naim customars and have trusted the brand for our musical investment.

Waiting for a solution…

I’m surprised there’s not more comments on the sq changes with 3.7, to me it’s quite a drastic change from 3.6, bass response in particular on my system has changed considerably, the nice low end I was getting on some favourite test tracks has greatly diminished with the remaining presentation more forward. Overall disappointing as i really liked 3.6.

1 Like

The only issue I’ve had with the update was my NDX2 remote stopped lighting up when picked up. I disabled then re-enabled motion detection in the app and all seems to working fine again.

Maybe I got a duff download but I doubt that’s possible