Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Update OK! And delighted this afternoon in solitude and tranquility listening to it; possibly it is the tranquility of being able to enjoy music for a while that I had not had for a long time, but to me it sounds like glory, an absolutely accomplished sound that I thank Naim.

I am so comfortable today that I’ll share some photos, in the Systempics thread…

2 Likes

Are you talking App or widget ? if its the App just hold your finger on it and it will give you the option to add to Home Screen .
As for a Naim widget ,well there’s no such thing on my iPhone .

1 Like

Widget, it’s on my iPhone and iPad.

Mmm strange as there is no option of a Naim widget on my iPhone or iPad !!

Ignore that , ive just found it on my iPad !!

1 Like

:+1:

Ok so try as I might , I find it impossible to add it to the Home Screen too

After a seamless firmware update Chromecast built-in has now started working again. I am very pleased to be able to instantly cast to my Star once again.

I expect I would have eventually raised my issue on the forum as it has been a problem for quite some time. However, and I say this only half-facetiously, I was concerned that my network would have been blamed!!!

Very happy that the dev team have finally sorted things in respect of Chromecast. There’s no denying that I would have bought the Naim anyway as it makes listening to music such a pleasure but our household is heavily invested in Google/Nest so the Chromecast built-in sealed the deal.

2 Likes

I think the Naim app widget still uses an earlier (“original”) version of widgets; they still show in the left side bar only, and only in a separate list of “legacy” widgets.
I assume, Naim would have to lift the widget to a newer (iOS14+?) API, to use the new / more flexible placement features.

1 Like

Unfortunately, IOS 14+ widgets are effectively read-only entities which cannot contain functionality such as transport controls. At best, they can launch the app.

1 Like

Yes! Chromecast finally gets updated!
I hope this will improve the latency when starting cast connection!!

Gee. Updated the Nova. All is well…(dang! Did an update with no panic!) and just heard a vocal layer in “Breath” (Dark Side…) I’ve never before heard. On Airplay.

Other dac manufacturers also have problems with LG televisions. Wish I had known before buying a LG television. One manufacturer’s fix was to tell customers to buy a different brand tv.

Yes the annoying thing is that we bought the TV at the same time as the Atom. Then they worked together well for almost a year. I also wish I’d known before as I would have asked which ones worked well on here first. Having never used HDMI audio before I didn’t know it was so difficult to get right.

Thanks Clare. Bit the bullet and updated the ND555 in a few mins without a hitch. Might as well have it operating at full spec as I’m sure my kids will be ‘casting’ & ‘connecting’ when they are here, whatever that means.

G

2 Likes

I’ve updated ok and wondered if anybody has noticed a difference in SQ.
I’m sure my system sounds more forward and there’s a bit more detail and slightly greater range but wonder if it’s preconceived expectations on my part.

2 Likes

If you read posts further up since the release, several different and contradicting changes were described. Which, IMHO, is to be expected if there is none

4 Likes

Just repeating last night’s listen to Bowie’s “Station To Station”.

Sounds punchier and more detailed after the upload (with which I had zero problems).

Every firmware update from Salisbury always sounds like a sonic upgrade. Marvellous.

One other improvement is that opening the app and connecting to the streamer is now twice the speed it was before.

Question: the update is supposed to enable a size edit for text and image from an Android device. I can’t find this. What am I missing?

1 Like

This was a firmware update. The text size was in the recent app update (2.22 on Android), but it’s not size edit in the app but following the system text size

1 Like

How much of the changes (if any), brought by the Firmware update, we perceive depends on the system, not only the electronics but also speakers and room acoustics.

1 Like