Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Thanks @Naim.Marketing

I have similar problems with my Atom and the external disk. Some tracks are not played. The playlists disappeared. It does not usually load the cover of the 1st file to play, only from the second. The radios work with interrupts as if the buffer did not reach. I did everything imaginable possible and nothing. I am waiting for the technician

@Naim.Marketing and @Stevesky it seems that the Nova reboots have not been caused by firmware v 3.7.0 but the Fritz!Box 6660 WiFi 6 router with its active network management. At least, I haven’t seen any issues after yesterday’s “downgrade” to a Fritz!Box 6591 with WiFi 5.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. We’ll feed that back to the support team, in case anyone else reports similar issues. Got to love ‘smart’ tech….

1 Like

Ah, 1 thing I forgot in my post above:
When my Nova lost connection (or shut down into sleep mode due to loosing network), I could see in the logs of my Fritz!Box, that it had before initiated a channel switch for the 5 GHz band.
My workaround was getting the Nova on 2.4 band; alternatively you could „fix/freeze“ the 5 GHz channel, but that has other potential drawbacks, of course. (Mostly depending, on how many neighboring WiFi there are and whether there’s competition for the spectrum or not.)

Hi @jackjacka I’ve never got m3u playlists on an HDD to work on my ND5XS2. I did put in an enhancement request though a long time ago. It may not be the same, but can you share the top few lines of one of the m3u’s if possible so I can see the format

Sorry, I disagree. The Fritzbox may have somehow triggered it, but the Nova should not reboot on account of any other device on the network. That’s still a very serious bug in the Nova firmware if indeed the case.

Correct, it should not cause a reboot. However, the question is what a „reboot“ really means, a reboot of the operating system or a restart of the application server. The later is most probably unavoidable in case of a bug which causes the app server to crash. I would be happy to deliver the core dumps to let the development team investigate the problem, but I couldn‘t find it on the file system displayed in the web interface.

Hi everybody
With this new firmware Spotify is working only with chromecast connection? No Spotify connect anymore?
So I got no gapless now… :frowning:
Hard reset of my nd5xs2 didn’t help.
Reinstallation of Spotify and Naim apps didn’t help on my tab and phone.

Hello and welcome to the Forums.

That’s definitely not right, so let’s get you sorted.

Are you running the latest version of the Naim App? (5.22.1 for Apple iOS devices: 2.22.1 for Android)

Check that first, then afterwards I would restart your phone/tablet - full power down and then back up,

Thanks for your reply and welcome message Clare.
Yes I got last version of Android Naim app (and Spotify too). I just restarted my phone and I don’t see Spotify connect (chromecast is disable).
I also stopped and restarted my nd5xs2 but no change.

Just a thought… is Spotify enabled as an input on the Naim App?

Settings > Input Settings > Spotify

it’s brilliant! just moved. system went down and then this!!!

Yes it is enabled.
I had no problem with previous firmwares.
Strange.

Perhaps a router restart may help!

1 Like

Yes Pieto! You are right. Thanks so much.
Sorry for false alarm Clare.

2 Likes

Great news - and thanks @Pieto

You’re welcome, had my fair share of router problems with airplay in my case, switched to a mesh router (read more expensive) and very few problems since!

Piet

1 Like

I think this is more an issue using asset server but since updating i cant skip forward a track using either the app or remote. I can skip a track if listening to spotify using both methods but not if im listening to an album from my NAS using asset server. Ive tried unplugging the atom but still wont work. Anyone got any ideas?

Ive recently updated my synology NAS to DSM 7 and updated the asset app to version 7.3 if that makes any difference

Question: does it switch off or perform a full reboot on its own?