Firmware update v. 3.7.0

No reported problems with Qobuz that I know of - certainly working fine on my Nova and ND555, and I know several of our beta testers are Qobuz users.

Are you running the latest version of the Naim App (there was a 5.22.1 iOS update today - as you mention AirPlay, I assume you’re using an iPhone/iPad; if not, Android 2.22.1)? And have you restarted your phone/tablet?

Try those things first.

If you’ve already done that… try a full power down of your Nova. I know it’s rebooted, but that’s not the same thing - try disconnecting from mains power, waiting @15 minutes and then reconnecting.

Let us know how you get on with that. Or, of course, you could go straight to our support team, whom can check logs etc.

No problems with Qobuz before or after the Firmware update.

To be honest i can never tell any differences from any of the updates, apart from the larger text. Using my streamer is the same as it’s always been (musically speaking).

1 Like

@Stevesky @Naim.Marketing

Hello Clare and Steve,

First thank you for your help and support. Providing support and replying to complains/requests on a public forum is a rather delicate thing.

I understand version 3.8 of the Firmware is on its way.

While it shouldn’t be a problem, I ask anyway: is it possible to bypass version 3.7 and update directly to version 3.8?

Thanks @Naim.Marketing for your fast response. I try your recommendations and come back to you.

BTW, I just have been upgraded by Vodafone to a Fritz!Box 6060 WiFi 6 router with active network management and according to what the router says the Nova supports IEEE 802.11v but not 11k. Might the reboot problem be related to the network management by the router and playing Qobuz just a coincidence? Any experience with Uniti in WiFi 6 networks?

Paging @Stevesky

Active network management should usually kick in, when you are multiple, meshed access points. And usually for “mobile;moving” devices, so that the mesh can steer the clients towards the best access point at any time (and do so quickly/smoothly, to not interrupt any ongoing activity).

That said, I switched to a Fritz!Box 7583 in January, which does not have WiFi 6 yet, but some other new features (like WPA3, which the Nova works fine with).
I actually switched from 5 GHz to 2.4 GHz WiFi with the Nova, since I got drop outs / stopped streams (but never reboots), when the channel optimization/weather radar avoidance switched channels on the 5 GHz band. And the Nova needed a bit, to reconnect.
(Mention this, as it is in the direction of your question.)

To all I know: yes, should be no problem. (Imagine a box coming from storage being shipped to a new customer with a bit older firmware.)
Just make sure to have the latest app before venturing forth.

There was recently a case here on the forum where this did not work; but the Atom in question had been in storeage since 2017. :joy: Naim support helped with a manual procedure.

That’s why I’m asking.
Having some knowledge of software engineering, to say the least, I know that mistakes and oversights happen :wink:

No problems with Qobuz here either, although it would be nice to have the interface that the app has with Tidal.

1 Like

I used to have a Fritz!Box 6490 with WPA3 and a WiFi Mesh but without active device management. I never had any problems neither in the 2.4 nor the 5 GHz band. However, I am not happy at all with the 6060 due to lower WiFi performance caused by lesser number of antennas and a hardware or firmware problem causing connection issues between devices in the different frequency bands (e.g. iPhone in the 5 GHz network cannot see the Nova in the 2.4 network). As Vodafone is not able to resolve the connection issues, I am planning to replace it with a 6591.

Steve, I have a few genuine Chromecast Audio pucks in use and they have never have an issue with Sirius XM.

Prior to 3.7, I could not get Sirius XM to connect by Chromecast to the Atom at all. It would just hang and die. I noticed the connect sound effect has changed for Chromecast in the Atom, so I assume the 3.7 update is what helps Sirius XM connect at all now to the Atom.

Hi support team,

Small issue that appears to have cropped up on the latest firmware for Uniti Atom systems (3.7.0.5270) - it would appear that I am no longer able to play a music collection direct from a .m3u file stored on my external HDD plugged in via USB. Was working prior to the update, is working ok on my MUSO QB2 but it’s now not possible on the Atom.

Also, weird niggle, but entering into an album through the app and selecting a track now selects a random track instead of the one selected (still from the same folder/album). So, say I want to play track 1 from album X, when I click on it in the app it thinks about it then starts playing track 6. I then have to click track 1 again to correct it.

Any advice or resolution planned for this? Other people facing similar? I know it’s only small, but messes with the UX.

All the best

Jack

1 Like

HI Jack. Not the support team, but hopefully we can suggest some tactics to save you having to give them a call/drop them an email!

Firstly, can I check you’re running the latest version of the Naim App? That’s 2.22.1 for Android devices or 5.22.1 for Apple iOS devices?

Secondly, once you’re running the latest version of the App, totally power down your phone/tablet before powering it back up.

While you’re doing that, give your Uniti Atom a power-cycle, too - remove it from mains power, leave for around 15 minutes or so (we refer to this as the ‘make and enjoy a cup of tea moment’) and then plug it back in.

Once everything’s updated and power cycled, give it another go and let us know how you get on.

1 Like

Hi @Naim.Marketing ,

Thank you for the reply and taking the time. No dice I’m afraid, have tried the power off/up cycle, latest app version on my android phone (it does the same when using the remote direct as well), tried a factory reset as well just to see if that shifted things, still no go on the .m3u playlists.

I’ve also, prior to contacting, tried to rebuild the playlists from scratch, saved as different file names, and still no luck. Have tried playlists with a handful of tracks up to hundreds of tracks (will highlight that previous playlists of a few thousand were working totally fine) and same result.

The skipping to a random track only appears to happen after attempting to play the playlist the first time and then works as expected.

Any more ideas?

Thanks for all your support so far!

Jack

Me again,

Just to say @Naim.Marketing having read most of the rest of the thread with some others experiencing the same, I appreciate there are limits to these devices but I’m genuinely gutted to not be able to use my playlists for my HDD music library anymore (not even 3rd party apps), especially as they were working previously, with thousands of tracks, and still work on the, as yet not updated qb2.

I know it’s not on you, but man it’s going to totally ruin the UX for me and others without this fully reinstated. Would be great if you can get this back to the devs.

Again, big thank you for moderating all this stuff!

Best,

Jack

If you’ve done everything up to and including a Factory reset, then i’m afraid i’ll need to hand you over to our support team, whom will be back at their desks on Monday at 9am.
support@naimaudio.com
T: +44 (0) 1722 443405

And i’ll also loop in @Stevesky to feedback on the playlist issue (and for general insight).

2 Likes

Hi Clare, following up on the issue re: ND5 XS2, and Tidal not working. I did complete a factory reset of the streamer, to no avail. Tidal music will play from the Naim app, and locally on the ipad, but will not play at all from the Tidal app. This must be related to the recent update. any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

Apologies if i’ve already asked this (it’s been a long week), but are you running the latest version of the Naim App? (5.22.1 for Apple iOS; 2.22.1 for Android), and have you reset your iPad/iPhone (full power down and power back up)?

Maybe delete and reinstall the TIDAL App, too.

Check all those first. If you have no joy, contact our support team, whom can run some diagnostics next week and get to the bottom of things.