Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Not possible. But try to restart first your Nd555. If it doesn’t help, do a factory reset.

Thanks Claire, its 122188

1 Like

I’ve factory reset the Atom ,will monitor it over the next few days :+1:

1 Like

Well after a night with the cable out the Atom is back to its old self, thanks Clare.

Can’t help thinking it was internet outage that hampered my efforts to revive it yesterday.

Anyway , I’ll see if the frozen screen issue reoccurs in the days ahead.

1 Like

We all benefit from a good night’s sleep! Glad it’s sorted; keep us updated if you need any more help.

2 Likes

It’s major.
I touched nothing else, just updated firmware.
Haven’t stopped listening for a week since.

2 Likes

I still have the same problems
after the last update. My Atom showed problems reading files on an external hard drive where I have my music. Before there was no problem. Now there are discs where the files are but not played. It happens with many albums, whole. I press a file, for a moment it tries to start and then nothing. I have disconnected the HD and I have reconnected; Total shutdown and I still have the same problem. Copy the files to a USB stick and nothing. The files are always the same. They are all FLAC in different resolutions and it is the complete disk, so I understand that it is something of the format
Watch a video shown as file 01 does not play and file 02 plays
I also tried different USB memory stick formats, fat32 and exfat.
After trying different things, some files worked when I changed the cover. Many others still do not work.
Another error is that it never shows the cover of the 1st topic, it always shows from the 2nd.
Another mistake is that the radios work intermittently. I thought it was the connection, but no, since Tidal and Spotify work without interruption.
I already did a factory reset and everything remains the same. (I thought factory reset was downgrading firmware, but it’s just to clear settings)
Device reboot, etc. The m3u type playlists on the external disk disappeared.
The technical service still does not answer my emails. Did someone have a similar problem and did I solve it? Thank you

Can you please let me know your ticket number from Naim Support? I will then chase this up. Some product diagnostics should help identify the issue.

1 Like

Hi @clare.newsome The number is 121707. Thank you very much

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing The number is 121707. Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Naim.Marketing, no news for my gapless problem with Spotify connect? Do I have to install previous firmware to see if it resolve this problem?

Do you have a Naim support ticket number I can chase up tomorrow?

I just created the ticket 122579
Thanks in advance Clare

1 Like

I have observed the same thing about USB drive with music, some ripped cd’s aren’t playing on the Atom, but no problem on my Muso QB2 which isn’t updated yet!

1 Like

The strange thing is that it rejects all versions of a disc. For example the 1st of emerson lake palmer, I downloaded 10 different editions from different places and none worked. He seems to have something personal with that record

I am talking about CD’ s I have ripped myself with the same program and settings, so its not the flac converter itself and the same cd rip on a NAS is playing well on the Atom ! Different access though !

I don´t understand one thing:

What about older-generation Naim streaming products?
It is not technically possible to update legacy products with TIDAL Connect functionality. (TIDAL Connect requires a Linux operating system, which the legacy products are unable to run.) However, users can still enjoy TIDAL as previously, via the Naim App.”

The tracked bugs solved w/ 3.7.0 don´t afect the older-generation streamers ?
Is there a firmware update for those without the Tidal Thing ?

I have both, a NDX2 and a UnitiQute2 and I do I bother to install something that in the end forces me to use one app in one and other app in the other ???

ndx2, no issues. missed the last two upgrades due to all the forum noise. 3.7, it’s brilliant. have a large one and do it.

1 Like

No one is ‘forcing’ anyone to use anything.

To clarify: You can still use TIDAL from within the Naim App on both your NDX 2 and Qute.

After the Firmware 3.7 update, your NDX 2 will ALSO be able to stream directly from the TIDAL App, using TIDAL Connect, but that is just an option for convenience (widely requested by many users.)

Your Qute will need to be updated to Firmware 4.8 to keep streaming TIDAL after December.

Any other bug reports on this issue? Just updated to app version 5.22.2 and the issue is still existing.

• search artist in Naim app, Tidal.
  • play album
  • search album in Naim app, Tidal favorites
  • play album
    → the first song of the new queue plays, showing the old album data and no moving progress bar. iOs widget also shows old data and old cover art. Queue shows all songs of the new album. Queue stops after 1st song.

I can share screenshots if you would like @tomvamos