Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Hi @RexManning, yes. Screenshots would be very helpful.
Thanks,

Tom

1 Like

Am having issue with (Tidal) playlists: ‘play from this track’ no longer works when a track towards the end of a playlist is selected. Nothing happens. But ‘play this track’ does still work. (Have emailed Russell @ Naim support.)

Regarding my issue with the not being able to skip tracks i emailed this link to support yesterday but not heard anything back as of yet.

Ss you can see it seems to load a playlist selection but once hitting play its only loading one track so nothing to skip forward to. If i then go from this point to play an album it will do the same thing of only loading one track. If i exit asset server(or minimserver as well), to start again it will load the whole album as a playlist. there is clearly a bug in the naim app from loading a full playlist. Other apps work fine.

that sounds crap. but a counterbalance my ndx2 has stopped screen freezing and I think playing better music.

counterbalance is the wrong word. lucky, seems more appropriate.

I still have an issue with roon not showing covers as expected when pressing play on a new album, then choosing another album and press also play, also does not present cover when skipping track. And I realy miss that behavior in Roon.

The rest works fine, I rarely use the Naim app, I think it sounds better than roon, but I feel the experience of Naim app is poor so I do not use it for more than updating my firmware and play very rarely one or other album.

the ndx2 screen is brilliant now. didn’t realise how much fun it is. top banana.

Well it looks like the factory reset has fixed my ATOM :+1:, it’s been perfect ever since I did it

1 Like

Thks Clare,
But I don´t see the point of using one app with the NDX2 and other with the Qute.
They are both in the same house…

Then use the same app on both? :man_shrugging:

yep, Naim app … janky… but so what ?

So nothing. People who like the Tidal app can use Tidal Connect if their streamer supports it, what are you complaining about?

1 Like

And as mentioned, you don’t have to.

Naim App will control both your products, including for TIDAL

Of course not Clare.
I think I will only upgrade when I coudn´t get my Android phone to control Tidal in both my streamers.

big win, well done everyone. night off?

1 Like

Which wine are you drinking? Tell us about it

it is now (ndx2) pure class. not sure what that update did.
actually, solved the screen freeze! i’m in heaven.

1 Like

Yes it actually stays off all the time, this way never freezes.

The firmware flash should have update my dns?! I manually changed the dns in the Naim app and it’s OK now! No more problem with gapless.

1 Like

Not sure whether this is related to @skimminstones’ problem, but I have an oddity with the app.
Using Jukebox Track Selection (with Asset), the playlist loads exectly 95 songs less than the number specified by Asset into the play queue. The software seems to bring back the right number, but then loads 95 fewer into the queue.
Should I be emailing support with this observation, or will this be sufficient? It’s a bug (perhaps) but it’s not impacting my listening.