Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Sorry, Didn’t mean to appear ungrateful. If course I know that some have had some very annoying issues. Credit to R&D for getting an update out so quickly.

1 Like

No need to apologise! All/any feedback always warmly received.

2 Likes

Thanks Clare for the ND update to 3.7.1 seems to have fixed BBC on-demand accessed through the Naim app. BBC on-demand stoped updating early October, R2 radio shows for last Saturday have now arrived, thanks

1 Like

Oh no!:slight_smile:

So just up dated to the 3.7.1. what’s happened to the chrome cast on the app(also updated) it used to mirror the song being sent. For example casting Apple music from an Android phone. Now nothing happens when I press it except a link to YouTube music…which is odd!

Still plays the music but…,…

Hi Claire,
Was afraid at first to try it, but then…
Anyway, it id not solve the issue with the display not working. Did all the usual tricks (power cycle, factory reset, etc.) no change. I still have no display

I was wondering if I should not send it back for repair - It’s still under waranty…

I have 2 tickets open on the issue - I’ll keep them like that

Thanks

I just Did the update but same issue with playlists :sob:

Yes, that was not one of the fix issues. Looking into it for future updates though!

Yes, we will continue to look into this for a forthcoming update. Sure the Naim Support team will be in touch when they get the chance.

1 Like

issue with not loading a full playlist are still there. Still only loads one track

I did the update on my NDX 2 to 3.7.1
For some reason, the Naim app on my iPad couldn’t find the NDX 2 for a good 5-10 minutes after the update had been completed. Even a full shutdown did not fix the problem. Then, after 5-10 minutes it came back! Fingers crossed it keeps working.

Update to 3.7.1 on my NDX 2 just done: perfect!
As happened with 3.7.0, to be honest.

1 Like

It will - that’s quite normal after an update. The App ‘hides’ the Naim device until after the update is finished or @15 minutes - just so you don’t use the product during the App update and it can properly finalise.

A little patience works wonders - I set our Nova and ND555 updating and then went off to make a cup of tea. By the time I’d drunk that, all was back in App.

1 Like

I own two ND5XS2 both on 3.7.0 and hard wired, android app the latest revision.

Decided to apply the 3.7.1 update individually just in case one of the ND5XS2 bricks!!

First one updated without a hitch took 5 min, the second updated but has a flashing (what appears to be an) orange light but plays tunes as it should, system automation works too.

I will power off later but why the difference between the two units?

I don’t have a nd5xs2 but the documentation says “network connection starting”. Not sure why it’s playing :slight_smile:. I’d try pulling and replugging the cable, and rebooting it if that does not help.

My NDX2 has been stuck at the “Firmware update Downloading Firmware” screen for the past hour. It’s connected by ethernet on fibre broadband, the download was started at 6.30am. Good old Roberts radio on Radio 4 duties this morning instead.

Further to my post, last night I pulled the mains plug for 30 seconds then reinserted the orange light stopped flashing but my question is why two ND5XS2 on the same network, same firmware, same Android mobile running latest app have two different outcomes.

Even though the orange light was flashing the device performed as it should, weird.

Appears to be “Ghosts in the Machine”

My NDX2 did the same. Removing the power for a period (overnight in my case but I would think 15 - 30 mins would do it) and it updated happily and quickly. The Nova was fine at the first attempt.

1 Like

I suppose the network must actually have been up (or it would not have played) and it might have been only the LED that was confused.

As for the identical devices on the same network - maybe their internal state differed somehow.
However, some things seem just random. I work in a software company and we have extensive telemetry on millions of devices. Some errors happen exactly once for no discernible reason. I blame cosmic rays

2 Likes

Any change on SQ…after the last firmware?