Firmware update v. 3.7.0

Thanks - can you confirm which Naim streamer your using? The fact that the Naim App still streams TIDAL is encouraging, but there’s obviously something still not right.

When you do a firmware update, the iPad or iPhone you started the update with ignores that streamer for a preset (by Naim) period of time, even though the streamer may be ready before then. You don’t have to do anything, just wait and it will resolve itself within a couple of minutes or so.

Best

David

I meant that the failure “‘Streamer not responding.” With ‘Try again’ and ‘OK’ options I see often, about several times a week. The very same is after the update to 3.7 - I from tmlime to time see this failure and the same time Spotify always works fine.
So, it might be not related to the update.

Oh I see. Well that is your network not behaving properly and nothing to do with the firmware update.

Best

David

Occasionally when I’ve had issues with the phone or iPad not recognising the streamer or the Muso after a change, I’ve found that rebooting the phone / iPad has resolved it.

Phone is Android, iPad is IOS obvs.

So, the network misbehaves when I touch the Naim application but at the same time, it behaves as expected if I switch to Spotify. Sneaky network! :slight_smile:

Yes exactly. Naim uses standard protocols and if something (like a service) isn’t working properly on your network then Naim discovery won’t work. The fact something else that uses different protocols does work isn’t really relevant.

Android (V.11) Samsung Tablet.

By the way, @tomvamos, there are not 250 tracks that playlists now support: yesterday, trying to split my playlists to be able to listen to them given the situation, it seems that some work with 230, others with 226 and others with 220 tracks; then, let’s say that the magic number of tracks with which the playlists stop working after the update is somewhere between 220 and 230 tracks.

The truth is that it is a bit frustrating to see how when trying to add functionalities, or when trying to repair or refine some of them, others are deconfigured, both for customers and users, and, especially for the Naim programming team, I can understand.

1 Like

Hi, it’s the ND5 XS2

Thanks. If the other suggestions haven’t worked, it’s time for a Factory Reset, as detailed here:

@Naim.Marketing :roll_eyes:

What Naim product do you use, and are you running the latest version of Naim App (5.22 for iOS and 2.22 for Android)?

I have 2 Mu-so 2nd generation and 1 Qb 2nd generation with Naim App on iOS

And there’s the simple answer - the Firmware update we’re discussing here is only for Uniti and streamers. An update including TIDAL Connect support for Mu-so 2nd Generation speakers is in development, and will be released before the end of the year (that’s a definite deadline; you’ll have it by Christmas, hopefully well before).

3 Likes

Ok thanks and excuse me for the misunderstanding

1 Like

No problem! As soon as the Mu-so 2nd Gen update is ready, we’ll shout about it :slight_smile:

Hi Clare - what’s the approx eta on 3.8?

Really not sure at this stage - aim is next month or so, but that is hugely dependent on how well the beta and listening process goes. Definitely this side of Christmas.

3 Likes

After the last update, my Atom showed problems reading files in external HD. Before there was no problem. Now there are folders that I go into but it doesn’t play the files. It happens with several albums. Pressing on a file for a moment tries to start and then nothing. I have disconnected the HD and reconnected; Total shutdown and still has the same problem. The files are always the same, as if the update had changed something with the format it accepts (they are all FLAC)
Someone else happens? @Naim.Marketing

Since updating to 3.7.0, I am having two persistent problems.

1. My Atom no longer sees my UPnP server, using Asset UPnP (free version) on a Mac Mini. Kind of loses the point of being a streamer, doesn’t it? Nothing else has changed. My Simaudio Moon Mind streamer sees my UPnP server and plays content from it just fine. I’ve restarted the Atom, the iOS app and the Mac Mini. Nothing works. I simply cannot see my music collection on the Mac.

2. The Chromecast update has allowed me to use Sirius XM with Chromecast on the Atom for the first time. The connection used to fail with 3.6. Now it connects, albeit very slowly. But once it connects, the music drops out randomly from 15 sec to 90 sec between drops over the course of less than four minutes.

I can still use Airplay for Sirius XM, but losing access to my UPnP server is not acceptable. I’d rather roll back to 3.6 than lose this functionality. FWIW, Tidal connect appears to work quite well, although I might prefer TIdal in the Naim app because searches seem to include both Tidal and the UPnP server in the results (when the Atom can see the server).

So, @Naim.Marketing, what is the solution to my UPnP problem?

UPDATE: Once I gave up trying, the UPnP server is now accessible in the Naim app, but my Sirius XM radio Chromecast audio dropping persists.
Thanks!