Football season 2022 - 2023

I am rarely with Bob but… I am with Bob.

How can Levy not sack him for that, he basically said look at all the good managers you have had here and you have won nothing - thats the owners fault.

I can’t imagine the next training session going well!

1 Like

It’s fine to disagree and have a different viewpoint Mike.

2 Likes

It’s sad that the PC brigade are now telling football supporters what to think. :grin:

The PC brigade not that old chestnut.

1 Like

I thought Antonio Conte absolutely summed up The Spuds perfectly well done to him for his honesty.

1 Like

Some brilliant matches at the foot of the table yesterday the Wolves v Leeds match especially was a cracker.

2 Likes

What a fabulous quarter final between Sheff Utd and Blackburn! Played with high intensity throughout, and both sides showing real quality in their play (a testament to the very high quality of the English second tier) and very high fitness levels. The crowd played their part, as did the referee who let the game flow and was unobtrusive. A credit to both sides and the FA Cup. :clap:

2 Likes

I live 7000 km from Ibrox and haven’t missed a game broadcast in more than a decade. By your definition, not a supporter???

2 Likes

Correct. A fan.

Agreed gutted that I missed the winner as I was watching Arsenal v Palace but watched the first 85 mins and it was brilliant.

Come on, Andy. You’ve dug yourself a wee bit of a hole there with your definition. @Petersfi is clearly a Rangers supporter, as I am a Celtic supporter. I live in Florida, but spent years going to every game, home and away. Does my move to a different continent mean I’m no longer a supporter?

Many people show their support by buying stuff from official club stores, subscribing to particular TV channels etc etc.

1 Like

…and the perpetual losers at St. James Park wearing the keffiyeh are supporters? :joy::joy::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Curious how you would pigeon hole me…

Regular at Nuneaton Borough matches from aged 6 until early 20’s and then only mid week games (as I played on Sat afternoon’s) until I was 30.

Then moved to London

Been a season ticket holder at Chelsea for 20 years, however this pass 5 seasons I have only attended half of the home matches…

So re Nuneaton did I build up enough credits to still be deemed a supporter or have I been relegated to fan level?

Re Chelsea’s, would I be deemed a full or part time supporter as I financially pay for all home games or just a part time supporter?

I look forward to your perspective / judgement

Back to some comments on the beautiful game itself, I am watching Arsenal putting Crystal Palace to the sword. Palace need to stop conceding (currently 3:0). With 9 clubs all within 4 points, relegation could well come down to goal difference.

Where you live is a choice. Football is, for me, a priority. I would never live far enough away from Newcastle, if it meant I couldn’t go to the matches. I lived in Nottingham for 7 years, and still went to every home game.

By living where you are, you have effectively chosen not to go to the matches. It’s not an issue at all; you still love your teams. That’s the main thing, but it just makes you a fan rather than a supporter.

Not helped at all by losing Joachim Andersen just before start and having him replaced by Tomkins

Andy, I’d love to buy you a pint. But you’re bonkers. :wink:

1 Like

Andy honestly rather than a supporter that makes you not the full shilling.

1 Like

With football, you’re either in or you’re out Bob.

Disagree if you like, that’s fine, but there is absolutely no need to be rude; it reflects badly on you…