Football season 2022 - 2023

I didn’t watch the Forest match for Arsenal fans it was a pretty pointless affair literally pointless, we’ve been guaranteed 2nd since beating Newcastle and after the Cheats beat Everton the League was done so quite rightly after Brighton Arteta has chosen not to risk injured players and played a make shift backline

Not taking anything away from Forest no doubt they put on a great display and deserved their win and deserve PL survival so congratulations to them.

1 Like

I was surprised at the lack of skill on show from Arsenal , plenty of grumpiness and horrendous time wasting.

Arsenal looked tired and waiting for the season to be over and away on holiday.

Obrigado Bobby Dazler. New Liverpool Legend.

And good luck James Milner, The Ox and Naby Keita.

3 Likes

I only saw the last 30 minutes, expecting Arsenal to be giving it one last go, “fight to the end”.

Lots of ineffective Arsenal possession, I think I only saw one shot, a tame effort in the 95th minute.

Disappointing.

Clearly it meant a lot to Forest. The centre halves looked immense and the defence impenetrable. That’s the danger with facing a relegation threatened team in May.

2 Likes

The Mighty Whites look like saying goodbye to The PL with not so much as a whimper.

Beaten out of sight by The Hammers this afternoon, I worry not so much about the players we will inevitably be losing, but about those we will be retaining.

A complete clear out / reset needed at Elland Road.

M.O.T.

3 Likes

EUROPA league for us. First time in our history. :soccer::soccer::soccer::soccer::blue_heart::white_heart::blue_heart::white_heart:

7 Likes

It does look like Leeds are down but if they had to pick who’d they like to play at home in their final home game I suspect Spurs with their leaky defence and indifferent team spirit would be on the short-list. Problem is Everton have to lose at home to Bournemouth who have conceded even more goals than Spurs!

2 Likes

Congratulations to the Seagulls. They’ve played some brilliant football this season and deserve their shot at playing in European competition next season.

5 Likes

Hello !!!
Dr. Spurs to the rescue :grin:

There’s little chance that our mob will get anything at Elland Road. You just have to hope Bournemouth do you a favour…

2 Likes

:pray: :pray: :roll_eyes:

M.O.T.

This Chelsea team is sick.

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Massive congratulations to Brighton. From no ground to this and in real style.

2 Likes

Why has Phil Foden got a Z carved into the side of his head?

Is he a victim of the infamous masked vigilante Zorro, defender of indigenous Californians?

Or perhaps a supporter of the evil empire that has invaded somewhere in Europe?

6 Likes

1-0. I’ll take that as a win.

Congratulations to the Super Seagulls I like to think the Arsenal played their part in helping them on.

I did enjoy the Man Utd V Man City WSL match, especially when the Man Utd second goal resulted in the scorer taking off her shirt…

The manager’s face was a picture.

Well done Newcastle securing Champions League football.

If only they could convert draws into wins.

2 Likes

Leicesters point makes it very Interesting at the bottom, with Leeds Leicester and Everton. On the assumption that not all 3 will win their final game (all at home), anyone who wins has got a very good chance of staying up.

All to play for

2 Likes

We have had an amazing season. To get into the CL in the first full season under the new ownership, is beyond my wildest dreams. The dark days of Brucey and the FCB seem like a long time ago…

Thank you to Eddie, Jason and Jonesy.
Thank you to all of the playing staff, you have all played your part.
Thank you to all fellow supporters, the atmosphere, home and away, has been unbelievable.

This club has been such a big part of my life, for all of my life. A big close season ahead but I can’t wait for the European trips again next season…

Have a great summer all.

4 Likes

It was really strange watching the game today. I was getting so nervous (convinced Leicester would do a last minute smash and grab) and thinking glum thoughts and then I reminded myself that we couldn’t finish with anything less than a Europa League spot.

At the start of the season we would have taken that in a heartbeat. Sanity returned.
Pope saving Leicesters one and only shot on target in the 92minute was somehow fitting.
As you say Andy, Eddie Howe has done a truly amazing job both with the new players we brought in and in developing all the players we already had.

We’ll need a bigger squad for next year, so I can’t wait to see who comes in through the door in the summer. It’s so strange to be looking forward positively for a change.
HTL

2 Likes