Football season 2022 - 2023

It amused me anyway

1 Like

Let me think, Cucurella for ~ÂŁ55m or get Haaland for ~e.ÂŁ53m?

Someone woz robbed :grin:

1 Like

We did very well out of that sale !

Have a look at Haaland’s wages.

Bukayo Saka signs a 4 year extension.

3 Likes

Jeff Stelling’s last day on Sunday. Hard to replace

1 Like

About time for Ebs - thoroughly deserved

1 Like

why Maguire and Phillips - doesn’t make much sense

About time for Sterling - Thoroughly deserved.

1 Like

Sterling is a quality player who has often come to Englands rescue.
It shows the state of this countries feelings when people rejoice that he’s been dropped.

Well done Brighton on achieving Europa League. They took the game to Man City after a slow start and were certainly good for the point needed.

7 Likes

I think Brighton give us all hope!

3 Likes

What an absolutely immense season. Relieved don’t need anything against Villa, as we tend to struggle against them.

6th Place. And not one game where we parked the bus to get a point. Still quite hard to comprehend what a season we’ve had.

Summer will be interesting. A few players will be sold , so hope the new ones can be bedded in. And then get used to playing twice a week. Whatever happens, it’ll be fun !

6 Likes

Raspberry!

Who’s to say someone else playing instead wouldn’t have been far more consistent?

I’ve seen more of him this season than any other so have formed an opinion based on frequent observation rather than on a part time basis through occasional views in England or City games.

Yes, he can run fast. Yes, he can go past one player, sometimes two even. However, his quality decision making ratio is woefully poor on an epic scale, so what happens next is too often a shambles.

He gives the ball away far too often, several times, in most games. He falls over a lot, I mean a lot, usually as he’s being dispossessed (taking him out of play while the opposition counter attack having just got the ball off him again).

I’ve noticed team mates become reluctant to support him too closely when he goes on one of his waltzes and I suspect this is because they know the rate of successful visits to the opposition box is so low they know they’re going to be needed to track back and cover.

This season has been the perfect opportunity to show what he can do, i.e. be a stand out seasoned top flight pro (like Silva for example) while others about him struggle but he’s been largely abject.

Yes he’s got us a couple of winners across the season but it should be far more than that. I feel the same about his England career.

2 Likes

I definitely side with your opinion Jamie. He has had some good games for club and country, but certainly not recently. He seems to be a player that constantly divides opinion. I was at the Etihad several years ago, and there was an audible groan from a significant minority of ManC supporters when his name was announced coming on as a substitute. Maguire should also have been left out of the squad; hopefully he will rediscover some sort of form at a new club in the summer.

Saw an old lady struggling with some heavy shopping earlier.

“Can you manage dear?” I asked.

“Yes young man,” she replied. “But I don’t want the Tottenham job.”

13 Likes

Mange about sums it up…

Wouldn’t disagree with you John.

They are a very similar size club to us & last night on R5 Live, their chairman gave a very realistic interview where he was not pleading poverty, but did say there was not huge amounts of cash for players. He also said they did not want to sell their best players but would not stand in anyone’s way if they made it clear they wanted to leave.

I don’t know if there are any billionaires involved at the Amex but, assuming there aren’t, then their finances over the past few years must be similar to ours. This begs the question ‘what have they been doing different to us?’.

Looks like Hughton left them in a better position than he left us & they don’t have a Webber!

Seriously, well done them but why couldn’t we be in the same position. At least they haven’t beaten Bayern Munich in Europe…yet.

1 Like

Saw this data set recently:

Certainly illustrates the frustration felt by Norwich fans on this season’s performance when looking at the club’s weekly wage bill.

I was also struck by how well Luton and Coventry have performed this season given how relatively modest their weekly wage bills are.

2 Likes

If carlsberg did Thursdays

Atb
Kk

2 Likes