Football season 2022 - 2023

Talking of tongues, Chris…it’s Darwin.

1 Like

Ha! Good for you, hope it works out. Talent costs. My only hope is that, one day, the Saints board will realise it too.

1 Like

Hang on…….

And speaking of Southampton, you’ve made a very astute purchase in Bazunu, Chris. He performed very, very well for Pompey last season. Seemed completely unflappable when the defence was under pressure and has composure on the ball whether it be his right or left foot, with excellent distribution. Indeed, I think he could have been a decent sweeper in Serie A.

1 Like

Cheers Mike, yes, I’ve followed his progress in the Evening News, he was good for you so very much hoping his move from City works out for us too.

After that, it’s just central defence, midfield and strikers we need to address. Do we share the same problems as the Blues?

So only ten slots to be filled, then……. :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

And to @Christopher_M

Gavin Bazunu is a great buy for Southampton. He has been the Republic of Ireland’s number one keeper over the last year or so and even saved a Ronaldo penalty in the recent qualifiers. Glad to see him playing in the PL.

Peter

2 Likes

Thanks Peter. Bodes well.

1 Like

@Christopher_M have you seen that a Forest Fan has ‘resurrected’ the rivalry between our two clubs? It’s all over Twitter and it’s pretty funny - what with Derby going down we need a new team to dislike…

There’s quite few (both sides) wondering what the hell is going on :rofl:

Not seen it. I’m in the latter camp!

1 Like

League Cup final 1979? I was there :frowning:

Other than that, I would say, “Nottingham who?” :smiling_imp: :innocent:

1 Like

It is - it’s hilarious the banter that’s going back and forth. The guy (Silverdale) who started it off has since been on Radio Nottingham and also the local rag - think both sets of fans are now looking forward to the game(s) this coming season!

He’s a fantastic player. We were never going to hold on to him!

And with just one year left on his contract, you’ve got him for a bargain price. If £25 to £30 million can every really be considered a bargain !

Best of luck

1 Like

England Women demolished highly ranked Netherlands Women 5-1 in a friendly tonight. Some great entertaining, skilful football. Southgate should take note.

I am looking forward to the Euros next month. My family has tickets for one of the semis.

2 Likes

Lots of people leaving Chelsea at the moment and none joined that I’m aware of yet. Not sure about young Todd yet…

Although, allegedly, Sterling is now a done deal.

Marvellous, he and Timo can take turns running really fast and then falling over the ball. If there are any barn doors left in south west London, I fear they will remain untroubled.

2 Likes

After the signing of Fabio Vieria the young Portugal U21 attacking midfielder for £34,000,000 Arsenal look to have finally got the Gabriel Jesus signing over the line in a £45,000,000 deal from Manchester City.

If we can get the Martinez and Raphinha deals signed it will be a very exciting transfer window for Arsenal, Martinez the Argentinian centre back/left back from Ajax looks the most likely of the two as Leeds might price us out of any deal for Raphinha.

Although, Sterling AND Raphina…OK, OK…

Raphina to Chelsea, but with Broja travelling in the opposite direction, maybe?

M.O.T.

On the times I’ve seen Broja he has looked like a player of real potential, looks a real handful, strong, quick, good technique, a lot to build on I would say.

1 Like