Football season 2022 - 2023

Dave, can’t help but think losing Kalvin and Raphina will hurt…personally, I am not sure how much game time Kalvin will get at City and therefore will he be happy. He seems to be a player who must play every week to keep his nose in the England 11.

Think it might be worthwhile Leeds enquiring about Tyler Morton on loan, could provide the filler left by Phillips? Real good prospect player and would aid his development to be playing at Prem standard regularly. Win win?

Agreed. Was gonna post the same. :smiley:

Def an exciting prospect, the Chelsea stockpile of youngest out on loan throughout Europe is impressive, maybe Thomas will give him a go now the wardrobe has gone back to inter?

It will indeed, but most Mighty Whites fans have understood Kalvin’s desire to compete for silverware, and so he’ll depart with our best wishes and thanks for all the hard work he has put in.

As for Raphinha, he was, on arrival, far and away our best player, and his move from Rennes was daylight robbery on our part! On top of his scintillating skills, the man just runs all day in a Leeds shirt, so again, he’ll leave with our best wishes to seek higher things.

In much the same way as both Beckford and Becchio, the dynamic duo, are loudly cheered from the stands whenever they visit Elland Road on a match day, both Kalvin and Raphinha can similarly be assured of a warm welcome.

They’re Leeds, and they know it.

M.O.T.

4 Likes

Yeah, I must have seen the wrong games as from what I’ve seen I fear Broja is one of those who has potential which remains just that…Though I’d love to be wrong. Tell you who does look a fine Chelsea youngster though, Harvey Vale is the real deal in my eyes.

Lewis Hall is a bit younger but sometimes you see someone who just looks right on the ball…

1 Like

After staying up by the skin of their teeth recently, I fear that Leeds will struggle without those two this season, so strong replacements really are a must. Raphinha is a top player.

Well said Dave, reflects what most Leeds fans feel about Kalvin and Rapha and 100m in the bank is not a bad result.

Three very good new signings in already and some very interesting names being bandied about gives me some hope that we will be better next season.

Can’t understand though why we or anyone else are not rushing out to sign Burnley’s 21 year old Irish central defender, Nathan Collins. He made his debut in the recent 4 games for Ireland and was MOtM each time, a natural defender (though he did literally hand Newcastle their first goal in the last game of the season but I can forgive him for that as it helped Leeds!!!).

Fingers crossed.

M.O.T.

2 Likes

Shame that Erikson seems set on London, what could a seasoned pro with star quality do for a lot of the youngsters you have.

Likewise I am amazed that Nat Phillips seems to attract so little interest, he is capable and could do a job for a side, better CB than Slab head.

@LSLFAN

Jesse’s team set-up seems to favour a much narrower attacking formation than Bielsa’s did, so Kalvin isn’t at his best when he can’t do the spectacular “Yorkshire Pirlo” 50 yard diagonal passes for the likes of Raph and Harrison to run onto. (Equally, he’s a bit lost in attack when wearing an Engerland shirt).

The signings so far do look very good, and in the case of Kristensen, at least from what I’ve seen on the Tube, a full back who will actually commit to the tackle, and, generally, come away with the ball? … … … what magic is this?

@Adam1

I’d love to see Erikson in a Leeds shirt, (memories of a certain Gordon Strachan arriving from over The Pennines), but I don’t think he’d be that keen on mentoring a largely new and inexperienced team when he’s fancying Champions League football.

Ye never know, though.

M.O.T.

1 Like

I’ve heard that he is choosing between Brentford and Manure, no champs league there to be had.

Just think he could be a real hit for you guys and be good for him.

Fingers crossed, one of those good for football possible outcomes.

1 Like

Stay at Brentford, mate, if you’ve any sense … … … playing alongside Slab Head … … … no thanks.

At least our centre backs do joined up thinking!

M.O.T.

Come on down, Richy ! :grinning: :grinning:

He’s gonna rattle a few cages…

A nice bit of bad-a$$ to get under the skin of the lower orders in the league.

2 Likes

Looks like there has been some kind of compromise, or Liverpool have caved, depending on how you wanna view it. Salah, signs a new deal worth 350 000 per week.

Hmm, not my favourite player at all. Other people seem to more impressed with him than what I see. Way too moody and inconsistent.

Perhaps Conti can get a regular high level tune out of him?

Hugely overpriced. Temperament and doesn’t score enough. Not good value…

He a rough diamond for sure, easy to dislike by an opposition fans. But loved by Everton fans.

I was always wary of him when he played against us, and, in a better side than Everton (sorry, Everton fans), he could blossom. And let’s be honest, he’s played for Brazil 36 times…

Spurs need a bit of grit in their team - previously we have had too many nice boys. I predict Bob and Kev will be bitching constantly about him next season (well, actually like most Spurs players :grinning:).

Richarlison is a worker, always gives 100 % and is a pain in the poopah for defenders. We will see how he gets on :smiley:

1 Like

Yeh, yeh, yadda yadda…

Price is irrelevant if you can afford it - we can.

48 goals in 111 games for a crap Everton side. (as of 19.5.22)
14 goals in 36 games for Brazil. (as of 6.6.22)
That’s 1 per 2.4 games !!!

Not to mention the chaos he causes to opposition defences.

I’ll take that.
For a back up striker, it’s a no-brainer…

1 Like

I just think that north of £50m is a lot to pay for someone who has scored a goal in almost every 4 PL games. And, he will not regularly play alongside Kane; they will not play 2 up front, and Son. BUT, as always with football signings, time will tell. Good luck for the coming season.

Andy, his first season at Watford, 2017, was poor. New to the league.
But…

In the Prem for Everton 2018 to 2022, he has scored 38 goals in 97 games.
Almost a goal every two games. And Everton have been crap…