Football Season 2023/24

Really excited about the quarter finals of the cup here in Germany. Sankt Pauli vs Düsseldorf. I will be there cheering on the boys in brown.

1 Like

Lovely to see a different team mentioned. More please.

1 Like

Thanks Mike - I miss watching football in England but I have regained my football Mojo through Sankt Pauli. I will be standing in the terraces this evening paying just over GBP 13 for a ticket in a stadium with more standing places than seats. That is how remember football from my childhood and how things should be IMHO.

3 Likes

Nice rant Mike :grinning:

For most of the game it looked like we were defending a lead rather than chasing the game and badly at that.

Football is as much about losing as winning, so not yet overly concerned. However, if it does not change when all players are fit and available, alarm bells have to be rung.

1 Like

As a Celtic fan, I feel a strong connection to St Pauli. Long may they prosper by trying to do things the right way.

3 Likes

Always plenty of green and white scarves at the Millerntor.

1 Like

Great start to the weekend LUFC. Should have run out easy winners, much the better side, but we have the points as the pressure mounts for position 2. We do play some lovely football.

2 Likes

Well, The Mighty Whites prevailed against The Robins, with some slick attacking play and robust defending, and moved up into second place.

The others in the top four have games in hand over us, but I’m a firm believer in the value of points already on the board.

The 3000+ travelling Leeds fans were in fine voice, and will have a happy journey home tonight.

M.O.T.

2 Likes

Well you’re safe from us tomorrow. We’re going to the team at the foot of the table…….so we will inevitably f*** it up. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, you did us absolutely no favours at all by winning at Rotherham, unlike Preston, who, 3-0 ahead at half-time, somehow managed to hang on for a 3-2 victory, as The Tractor Boys staged a very late comeback.

So, The Mighty Whites slid down to third, just one point behind Saints, with Ipswich in fourth, though both teams still have a game in hand over us.

Once we get the annoying cup replay out of the way on Tuesday, we’ve got bottom of the table Rotherham on Saturday, so watch us f*** that one up … … … it’s the Leeds way. :roll_eyes:

M.O.T.

1 Like

You are sounding suspiciously like a closet Norwich supporter!

2 Likes

Certainly received my monies worth today. Coming back against a decent Coventry side after our usual gift goal to the opposition.
The winner from Sainz was well worth the points, better than last weeks against Liverpool.
Sargent equalised and would have scored a second had he not been chopped down resulting in a red card.
Still required a couple of brilliant saves from Gunn.
I was thinking coming home that Norwich must have the best front three in the championship. Sargent, Rowe and Sainz.

1 Like

Sorry!

2 Likes

Worth quoting myself I think.

Parky response was to drop young Max; bring in defenders who were so far from match fit it was embarrassing and persist with the pointless James McClean ahead of Mendy. Managers are of course successful precisely because they are stubborn but how many more games with Evans and Lee chasing thin air do we need before the alarm bells, which I can hear clear enough, start ringing for others to hear and act upon?

Arthur had a stinker in goal but then, and I won’t quote myself twice in 1 post, hardly surprising when the 3 in front of him change every few games. That said his positioning has gone to pot for every set piece and my original assertion that he was more Mayebi than most realised is coming home to roost now.

Until Parky recognises the issues and makes the likely unpopular but right calls then the only trajectory is down. I would expect home defeats to follow in short order after this.

Coventry are a team on fire and were unbeaten in 12. Nothing negative to be taken from that result at all. A tremendous win which sends a message out that you ate indeed quietly on the march for a play off place.

We give away too many silly goals but I’d be happy to meet Ipswich in the play off final!

1 Like

Not sure our friends down the road will make the playoffs…

1 Like

If anybody on this thread is knowledgeable regarding the Financial Fair Play regulations in the championship I’d be grateful if they could explain the basic requirements.
There have been headlines about Everton in the premiership and people are now talking about the championship.

Go have a look at the excellent Swiss Ramble site. All you need is there and more.

1 Like

Talk about the epitome of a cold, wet FA cup leg on a Tuesday night!

2 Likes