For those tired of downsizing threads…

No turntable….sold my Lp12 some years ago
Also sold 01 and cds2
Got all my eggs in 1 fine basket- nd555 + 2 555 ps ( the second one proved quite worthwhile).
The titans sound best this way, closer to wall did not work as well
Cheers, David

The cry is “More boxes!!”

One more arriving in the next month or so, as one currently there will be replaced by two. Do the NAS and EE8 count as boxes? If so I’m at 9. Otherwise 7.

Other possible replacements, but no more increase in numbers.

Well… never say never…

34 Likes

Nice system Neil
Is there a 555 dr ps in your future?
I had ndx2/ xps, then replaced xps with 555ps. Significant uptick in SQ
Regardless you’re full member of multi box club!
David

Do love some boxes with a green glow

34 Likes

Thanks David… Next step is a 300DR, then possibly 252.

1 Like

7 boxes (but only 5 Naim)

37 Likes

Yeah sod those downsizing threads

Mind you these are in different locations

41 Likes

What a lovely plinth, what is it?

Given the full spec of your LP12 already these few things likely involve a Urika II with cartridge and/or upgrade from Akurate to Klimax Radikal 2, just guessing :slight_smile:

Beautiful setup and great how you have wall-shelved the components.

I’m interested in that too, what have you used to accomplish that?

The (aluminium) shelves were made for me when I moved to Brighton in 2010 by a local craftsman (Mark Geal), but he has moved away from the area, and I have no idea how to get in touch with him now. I’m sorry not to be able to help.

1 Like

Walnut plinth from new.
You guessed well. Yes, possibility of going Klimax Radikal, and an upgrade to the phonostage, but no decisions yet.

1 Like

Still upsizing in my main system :crazy_face:

45 Likes

I feel left out… am I allowed in with five boxes

…its still a quality setup

23 Likes

Of course you are. Welcome to Multibox club. A welcome diversion from the dismal Marvel Multiverse club.

2 Likes

Now playing….

20 Likes

Awesome room and system
More pics of room would be nice

2 Likes

Here you are:

There’s a story behind the mannequin and dress - it was owned and worn on tour by Shirley Bassey. Bought at auction, it then belonged to a friend who died and he knew we liked some Shirley Bassey, so he left us the dress in his will.

63 Likes

My vote for best room in forum!
808’s look best in walnut
Enjoy
David

6 Likes

@HiFiman … I only have 4 boxes of naim( including SN2 for a second small system ) out of 5 boxes… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Another angle from my humble set up . First place to be when I got home everyday , shut myself inside my audio /game room . Lifting my mood when I see them :sweat_smile:

18 Likes