For those tired of downsizing threads…

Awesome @Dan_M!! Cannot wait to hear your thoughts on it when it arrives!

1 Like

Thanks @Storm1. I set a price that was much higher and bid in last 10 seconds. That was my only bid. And wow! It came through.

Obviously I need to calm down a bit but I know that I have got a cracking deal. Only happened 30 mins ago!

9 Likes

Well played good sir!

2 Likes

My 2 stacks.

32 Likes

Downsizeeeeng?

Whee don’ need no steenkeeng downsizeeng, what we neeeeed eez muchos boxes!

Which is why there has been an Oppo SACD player added since this was taken.

So there!

34 Likes

I’m watchin’ ya, davyyyy! :sunglasses:

1 Like

I need to add a box to get to 15.

29 Likes

Mateeeeeeee im so glad you got that, i was looking at it this morning.

Well done, bet your very excited

2 Likes

Ahh that’s mega @Dan_M! Properly chuffed for you! Like you say, a great price all things considered and you also get to reduce your box count, too!! :joy:

Yeah, that’s super exciting and something amazing to look forward to! I can only imagine how good your system will sound… brilliant!

1 Like

Mixture of feelings @Damien0. Delighted, relieved, excited and drained!

I’ve wanted this kit and 552DR (which I don’t have) for years. So it’s a big moment. Have had 135s for 5 years so to change them out for what I would deacribe as a steal is fantastic!

I hope it sounds good with 52 and Supercap 2. I think it will sound great. But will sound better with 552DR or 252 Supercap DR.

That is the compromise. And I will have to live with things as they are. I am sure it will be a huge improvement!

2 Likes

And of course I am drafting out how I will rack it out over 3 Fraims with what I have!

Mixture of feeling ranging from excited to mega excited i would imagine!

Im the same in the way that i aspire to own a 552 500 some day, i think i will get one at some point this year depending what shows up when.

I bet it sounds wicked once its plumbed in. i love my 300 dr, it replaced a 250dr and there is something to be said for an external psu. one thing…you will have fun with those burndies if my 300 is anything to go by!

3 Likes

Hi Dan, Congratulations on your new purchase. I for one will be looking forward to hearing how you get on with your new 500DR with your 52, even if it’s just an interim step for you. I don’t subscribe to the view that DR and non DR components don’t play well together based on my experience with my 52/SC/300DR…

2 Likes

I love your enthusiasm bud. Prices have come down so much. There’s a recently DRd 552 on the bay for reasonable money. Was tempted to get that instead. But this 500DR is peanuts mate. DRd in 2016. Should be good until 2031. For that money it is worth it.

This is the time to get your 552 and 500DR. I am selling stuff on to fund it but I have some money as well. So for me it is alright financially.

If you can do it. Do it now. Not sure how long prices will be so low.

3 Likes

Absolutely… but at least Dan has multiple stacks which should help with the burndies!

1 Like

its brilliant how used prices are at the moment, 500 series is achievable where as before it just wasnt for me.

I think the key is to do what you did and bid for it, youve done so well at just over 6k. its £27000 worth of amplifier. just lovely

Honestly im looking forward to hearing the warming up journey.

1 Like

I am so glad to hear that @Bokermonz. I only got my 52 last year and love it!.I reckon it will sound great. Wonderful to hear positivity. Thank you.

2 Likes

100% right. lots of fun to be had

2 Likes

Just put a high bid in at the end. They don’t have enough time to catch up. Leave it until last 10 seconds. Keep strong.

1 Like

And if I go 552, there is no point going 252 Supercap DR beforehand. Will leave it as it is and get a 552 DR when timing is right. Few good building jobs. Who knows? I maybe there.

1 Like