For those with 500, which speakers are you using?

It’s down to 15k

He’s getting there! Interested?

Claude

No Im already committed to my dealer.

1 Like

Apologies for the late reply but things have been a little hectic here.

The 808s are more detailed with a sweeter top end, more balanced cut off between the top, mid and bass and definitely a much weightier bottom end, perfect for my love of the pipe organ. Don’t get me wrong the NBLs remain a superb speaker particularly on intimate acoustic music.

The 808s also portray a much greater soundstage with both depth and a stereo image. They work extremely well in my room and I have them standing in exactly the same places as the NBLs once stood.

I just listen now with a big grin on my face at tracks that I have known and loved over the years as the 808s reveal them in all their splendour.

1 Like

Hi Michael
Thanks for the reply. What you described is the same experience I made.
My Titan 808 are positioned 10 cm more in front of the back wall and slightly turned in.
Enjoy your listening! The actual situation all over Europe results in more time for music listening.

2 weeks since last summary, and if I have read right only 4 additions. Nevertheless time for an update:

73 responses.
Naim is still most popular brand followed now by Kudos displacing B&W. The two most popular speakers are Titan 808, with 7 users, followed by Naim NBL with 6 users, though NBL is matched by B&W 802 if you lump all the variants together.

As before a number in parentheses after the speaker is the number of users if more than one:
B&W 802 D
B&W 802 D2 (3)
B&W 802 D3 (2)
B&W 803 D3 (2)
B&W 804 D2
B&W 804 D3
Dynaudio S5.4
Focal 1007 Be
Focal 1028 Be
Focal Maestro Utopia
Focal Supra 2
Gauder Acoustik Berlina 7 Diamond Mk 2
Harbeth 40.2 (2)
Kudos Titan 606
Kudos Titan 808 (7)
Kudos Titan 88 (3)
Linn Isobaric
Magico S3 MkII
Mission 70
Monitor Audio Studio 60
Naim DBL (3)
Naim DBL (Active)
Naim NBL (6)
Naim Ovator 600 (2)
Naim Ovator 800
Naim SBL
Naim SL2 (4)
Neat MF9
Neat Ultimatum MF7
Neat XL6
PMC 20.21 + Velodyne DD10 sub
PMC Fact 12 (3)
PMC IB2 se
PMC MB2
PMC Twentyfive.26
Proac K6
Proac K6 signature
Shahinian Diapason
Shahinian Obelisk (2)
Sonus Faber Amati Futura
Spendor Classic 200
Totem Mani 2
Verity Audio Sarrastros II
Vivid Audio Giya G3
Wilson DAW

From the recent posts there are couple of others anticipated in next week or so…

Those Titans are simply gorgeous
I’m biased towards kudos as I own the T88s - which aesthetically are not for everyone ( though I love their purposeful looks).
But those 808s are the nicest looking large speaker that I’ve seen.
As they are supposed to be an improvement on the 88s, you must be in heaven.
Do u connect speaker cable to treble or bass cabinet?

David

1 Like

There’s no ATC as yet, I remember a thread years ago of a search for speakers for a 500 that ended in EL150s but I saw later that the 500 had been replaced so maybe a case of too much speaker but what of the other models?

What are mission 70s doing on that list, @Petersfi is it an improvement on the B&Ws.

Audiomarkt Germany is a good place for the second hand Naim equipment. Items are always (very) mint but, quite expensive despite the fact that they are sold second-hand, even recent …
The sellers are generally serious …
Germans love the hi-end and are also maniacs.
This doesn’t prevent that there are scams as elsewhere. Be careful!
In my case, I buy mainly on a private site in Fr. Never had any problem … Normal, sellers and buyers already know each other! :grinning:

1 Like

Why word it like that? Maybe it works well in their room. Maybe they’re saving up for something else?

2 Likes

Slightly surprising(?) not to see any Kudos Titan 707 on the list. Nobody?

Similarly surprising that there’s only one pair of 606, particularly given the significant price (and size) of the 808.

2 Likes

using 300 either singly or a pair?

Quite; a big amp is needed to drive ‘big’ speakers, but one needn’t own big speakers to enjoy a big amp.

2 Likes

Thanks David, I’m also very happy with this particular finish - not too many knot-holes.
Interesting question! At the moment they are connected to the treble cabinet. Which one are you using?

Which one do the other 808 owners use?

Focal Diablo Utopia’s.

1 Like

Treble cabinet (top cabinet).That’s how the dealer did it for me.Can you connect to the bass cabinet?

You are the Special One!

I am connected up to the treble cabinet
Found the bass was too prominent if connected up to lower cabinet
Then again, haven`t really tried it the other way for some time.
david

As an original owner of 88’s from the first production batch in 2010 I never understood the complaints about their aesthetics. I have always considered them as having a “fresh” and modern take on traditional loudspeaker design which never seems to have changed. Perhaps this is due to my having worked in the fashion business :thinking:

PS - a slight detour and inquiry. Since many have changed their user name on the new forum I wonder if an old friend, JN, has participated on this thread as he was also an early user of T88’s?

Best
Gregg